Box Anchor

Jack65K

Reaction score
I see the box anchor recommended by a lot of folks on this forum.  I boat on Table Rock Lake and it is a rock bottom lake and I have a very difficult time setting an anchor as it just bounces on the bottom until it snags something which usually takes several tries.  Has anyone tried the box anchor on a rock bottom lake and does it work??

Jack

Lake Cumberland is limestone and the box works great

I've seen so few people try to anchor on TR lake...this thread surprised me. Though I agree it is a rock bottom lake, I think the biggest challenge to anchoring in that lake is the trees. I consider that lake to be more of a tree-bottom lake than anything else. I've never thrown anything overboard there...that I paid good money to buy. So many anchors never come back. And box anchors are spendy little gadgets. Just throwing my $.02 in.

JeffS, good point on the trees.  Some areas are pretty full of trees and I have donated an anchor to the lake.  So maybe I will stay with the less expensive types and work a little harder at getting it to set (snag something).  Thanks for all the replies.

Jack

Back