Brand new 2023 Bennington pontoon log welds

Tgarland

Reaction score
Hello take a look at my brand new 2023 with only 10 hours on it the welds on the pontoon logs. I took it back to the dealer and they kinda just sent me on my way just saying to me that it’s normal. I have to say these welds looking terrible and I really hope I do not have any leaking issue….. Thoughts from everyone on

Can you share any pictures of what you are talking about with your welds? Are there leaks, or the welds just are not clean looking and raising a concern for you?

Hello take a look at my brand new 2023 with only 10 hours on it the welds on the pontoon logs. I took it back to the dealer and they kinda just sent me on my way just saying to me that it’s normal. I have to say these welds looking terrible and I really hope I do not have any leaking issue….. Thoughts from everyone on
Do you have pics you can share of your welds?

Looks sloppy to me. Almost like they had a problem and instead of starting over and grinding the old weld off they added to it.

Is this a log weld to a nose cone or a log to a end cap or ??? Its not pretty for sure, but need to get some more details or better photos to help you out and understand your issue.

I’m having a hard time loading pictures I keep getting file is to big when I attempt I have like 10 picture of my boat with bad welds burnt welds you name it it looks terrible wish I could share more pictures. .

I usually copy and paste pics instead of uploading .

I've never seen a welded interior (or exterior) skirt on a Bennington - what model is this and can you zoom out? And what is that vent looking thing in the toon?

Here's the underside of mine when it was delivered in 2020. Skirt is bolted and rests on the toon.

IMG_3427.jpeg

Have you looked at other pontoons including Bennington's on your dealers lot ?
I have those black spots on mine as well .

Burnt welds I was told for the black marks the smooshed looking welds on the Chambers’s of the logs are very poor looking I just hope it dosen’t cause a leak. I only have 10 hours on this 2023 Bennington SLJ Purchased brand new last fall and I’m getting ready to put it back in the water for the season.

I believe you would know by now if you had a leak from the factory. On my 2022, I had a leak 1st time out.

I’m having a hard time loading pictures I keep getting file is to big when I attempt I have like 10 picture of my boat with bad welds burnt welds you name it it looks terrible wish I could share more pictures. .
There is an intermittent issue with photo uploads currently. Not impacting everyone, and not impacting people consistently that run into it. It’s being looked into on the back side. Sorry you and others (myself included) are encountering this problem. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Those welds look just like my 2017 welds. Visually may not be appealing but as long as they hold and they don’t leak, they are typical of what I’ve seen in the last 7 years. Some welds just look better than others. Some are machine welded, some by hand.

Back