Broken ladder strap.

Loon Lake Wixom

Reaction score
I was worried about the durability of the rubber strap that holds the ladder in on my new 2013 RCW. Well it didn't last long. Has anyone else ripped through the rubber strap ?

I bought 2 spares HERE

I'm hoping the dealer will supply me with a few of them. The ladder seems to stay up in the tray, so far.

I'm going to check mine tomorrow but I though the strap on ours was a mesh fabric and not rubber.

A mesh fabric might hold up better. Seeing how mine is only 4 months old.

The strap on mine is mesh ,looks like the same material as the bimini cover strap .

The strap on mine is mesh ,looks like the same material as the bimini cover strap .
I think you have the fold up aluminum, he probably has the slide out stainless steel.

I know this is an old thread, but I'm on my third rubber strap this summer!  They are warrantied, but it's a nuisance when it happens and the ladder slides out during the remainder of the day.  Any word on an improved strap? 

I've pretty much given up even trying to get them through my worthless dealer. I've been using an NRS cam strap (http://www.nrs.com/product/1440/nrs-1-hd-tie-down-straps). It's not as pretty, but it works and we leave it looped on the deck so we have a little bit of a visual that the ladder is down when we're getting ready to motor. 

Last edited by a moderator:
We had the rubber strap that holds the ladder in the tray under deck.  Never broke one in the 2 years of use....maybe we don't use the ladder as much as some do :unsure: :unsure:

After bennington reworked our boat and added the wider 4 rung ladder instead of the narrower 3 rung one we used to have it's a shove in and latch deal.  I actually liked the rubber latch better on the old one as the new setup is a lot harder to get the ladder unlatched from.  I think the side plates is what is causing it to bind in the locked position.  But we never let is dangle in the water at the sandbar in case the boat decides to drift a little.  Don't want the ladder to become the new anchor and bend it all out of shape.

Replaced the original strap snap in the first 2 months, pulled that snap off in another month.  Ziptie.  Gonna look into magnets like some fellas did for the doors.

Mesh.....12 yrs. old......

Ours is a mesh strap like the one on the Bimini, but I did have to replace the snap on it once when it came out. 

Mine has the slide in stainless ladder and it did not have a strap when we bought the boat new. It does sort of snap down when stored and has never come out when under way.

Back