Bug vs. Deer

lakeliving

Reaction score
So it finally happened, I hit a deer in the beetle this morning. I was running about 45mph in farm country through some thick fog and out of no where a deer came from my right at full speed. It came up over the hood but thankfully it ended up all the way in the other ditch. I walked over and could not find it which sucks. There is a large field there so I'll scan the area on my way home and see if I see it out there.

Surprisingly the beetle faired pretty well. Hood is messed up and the lower grille is broke but aside from that it seems ok. I haven't popped the hood yet to look for more damages as I'm not sure if it will re-latch but I'll take a look later.

The ironic thing is I went deer hunting for the first time this year last night...didn't see anything.

Before

9CEC6ACF-7B59-4A4E-A53D-45046EA076A4_zpsdhmxlbc6.jpg

After

78AE0363-E31F-4F61-93A5-79C1224D4902_zpse0tfw8y4.jpg

37143AF3-7BBB-463C-BDA1-431004BB35E1_zpsmkinhfvn.jpg

I had about 8 run into me 1st of September $4000.00 damages to the front & passenger side 

Ouch! Were you driving in a field Jack???? :p   That sucks.

Ouch! Were you driving in a field Jack???? :p   That sucks.
Nope coming home from a friends house about 9 am just east of Burt Lake .They just came running out of the woods all at once .

Only one went down ,I called my friend to help me take it .

While I was on the phone it got up and stared at me until the next car came by .

My friend went into the woods to look for it while I spoke to the police ,he found nothing .

We have deer all over up here .

That is the fourth time they have run into me in 11 years .First time there was damage .

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, that sucks Andy. Jack as soon as I read your comment about it standing up and staring at you made me think of this ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back