Bungee-type dock lines

Adam2012

Reaction score
Hs anyone tried the Airhead Bungee-Type dock lines? They look real convenient. Just curious if anyone has used them and if so what length and how many would you utilize? I couldn't see using them when docking at home base but they look great when docking for short times-- Any thoughts? Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
They are a great product. I used them for securing my 1750 Crestliner for three years. Easy to use and their stretching feature was helpful. I had the longer set.

I was going to but snubbers for my boat but when I read the package it said "prolongs life of dock ropes" and nothing about the boat. Do others think this protects the boat?

My boat's kept in a boathouse, so I don't have it tied to a dock for the whole season.

I use the hollow core rope like is used in ski ropes. I will take a 50' rope, cut it in 4 pieces and put an eye at each end of each rope. I loop one rope on each cleat on all 4 corners. Then, I keep another 4 ropes that can be looped together as needed. It's worked well for me over the years.

If I was going to permanently tie up my boat, I'd use more substantial ropes. When I pull tubers, I certainly use large ropes. There's nothing worse than having a break in a tuber's rope in a tight turn, and the riders having no control about where they go.

And I also carry a 1 1/2" 100' rope in case I have to tow another boat, or be towed. On our lake, we take care of each other.

100' 1 1/2" rope just in case? Your a nice guy, I have an extra oar! Hehe jk

Back