Bunk Slides

kaydano

Reaction score
Anyone have a good recommendation? The carpet is wearing off my trailer bunks and I'm looking for something that will last longer.

Some people buy the bunk slides from Overtons, I have seen mounted bunk slides made with pvc 1" x 6" boards from a home improvement store that they say work really well.

I'm going to check those out at Lowes.  Not cheap though.  $200 to do all the bunks.  But, not doing carpet again.

By the way I read something about the chemicals in pressure treated wood can leach through carpet and will cause pitting in aluminum.  Someone mentioned that a week ago or so.

After replacing the bunk carpet, I put on trailer glides.  I call them slick sticks.  There just like the stuff a cutting board is made with.  Installed in May of 2010 and never had any problems.

I spent $472 for 18 4x54  sticks.  When I can get a pic to upload I'll send one

I just ordered a set of bunk boards from this company. $484 shipped for four pairs of 2x4 by 9 feet long bunks.

http://www.ultimatebunkboards.com/

Our bunk boards are made from High-Density Polyethelene with a UV stabilizer added to help resist fading.

Kaydano I have the Poly bunks just like wild and free just ordered on my front mount boat lift.  They are amazing and easy to load and get off on.  When my boards on my trailer go I will be replacing them with these but since I only use the trailer 2-3x a year its not worth it now..  1000 year half life on the poly bunks... I dont think Ill ever need to replace them. Pics of the poly boards are in my gallery under lift install.

Back