Camping enclosure

1Tiredlady

Reaction score
Anyone have a camping enclosure? We have a 2375 GCW and are having issues with the dealer and the canvas company trying to get the enclosure done correctly. I understand the the dealer probably has not done many of these but dragging the boat back and forth is getting pretty darn tiresome. I've posted some pictures so if any of you have any input, please look and my album. Originally the boat was delivered with just the main Bimini. Then we took it back to have the front installed but the enclosure had not arrived. Then it came and didn't fit. On and on.

Thanks

Leslie

Is it a "Bennington" enclosure ? If so, I'm sure your dealer can contact Bennington and get them involved. If its their issue, I'm sure they will make it right. I would recommend they do that before continuing to "try" to make it work, and damaging something, or getting more irritated.

We have a camper enclosure for our boat. No fit issues but it is REALLY tight in some spots. Do you have a double Bimini for yours? On ours the tops have to be together before we can get anything else to fit. Even if you just have a single I would at least try getting everything hooked to the top before I started trying to snap it down. If there is anything specific you have a question about or would like a picture of I can try to find an answer/ take a photo when we are boating next weekend.

Best of luck!

Sorry I did reread your post and see that you do have the double Bimini, please ignore that part of my response.

We have a camper enclosure for our boat. No fit issues but it is REALLY tight in some spots. Do you have a double Bimini for yours? On ours the tops have to be together before we can get anything else to fit. Even if you just have a single I would at least try getting everything hooked to the top before I started trying to snap it down. If there is anything specific you have a question about or would like a picture of I can try to find an answer/ take a photo when we are boating next weekend.

Best of luck!
It is supposed to be a factory model, it was part of our new boat order. The dealer thinks they may have installed the front bimini in the wrong position because the first front bimini didn't have side zippers so they are thinking the camper version may be different from just a double bimini. Pictures from the side showing where your bimini poles line up might be usefull. They haven't gotten as far as snaps yet so there are no issues of being to tight.

Thanks

This may be a dumb question, but have you adjusted your bimini support poles themselves. We have a double bimini and ordered a replacement front and we had to play with the bimini supports themselves to make everything fit. When I first tried putting it on I had a gap of about 3 inches like your pictures showed.

We did some adjusting of the support poles but not so much as to move the ones that are screwed into the frame. Our dealer was talking about moving them but we see no point letting them drill new holes until we are sure we have the correct front bimini. I sent all the pictures to both the dealer and the canvas company. Still waiting on their next plan.

Update; We still have not gotten this resolved. Our dealer wants us to keep bringing the boat back to re-measure and fit. WHY ISN"T THERE THE PROPER SIZE FOR MY PONTOON!! This is a dealer item, it should be a stock size.

We just got our 2014 in and ordered the cabin. we only have the single bimini top, it is very tight and needed lots of adjusting to get it to fit. I love it but its very hard to see through the front windshield, however we can leave the back off for walleye fishing on rainy days. Our dealer installed it the first time and installed all the snaps. I would hope they would do that for you. If not come to Nebraska and buy a boat from Paul delivered our boat to the lake and spent 4-5 hours with us loading and unloading and going over everything on the boat and trailer+ he bought the drinks . Best of luck to you

We took it back to the dealer for another try, keeping our fingers crossed.

After boating this weekend in some bright sun but with a stiff northern wind it was a bit chilly and some protection would have been nice. Don't think I am interested in a full enclosure but would like some type of plastic that could come down from the front of the bimini. Has anyone had something like this made and could offer any advice?

Woo Hoo, we finally have our camping enclosure. It's taken 6 months, so glad its over. I posted pictures.

Looks nice, that should provide a lot of fun times ahead. I can't wait until our Bennington comes in and it gets warm enough to use it. Enjoy!

Looks nice.  I will be interested in hearing your comments after a season of use

Buy you a Mr buddy heater through that top up and put it on the lake until ice up anyway! Looks nice!

Looks great. Glad it is all set for you now!

Looks nice.  I will be interested in hearing your comments after a season of use
I will definitely re-post. Thanks

You asked about a drop down clear screen. I bought a clear screen from Overton's that attached to the top with either snaps or twist lock device. The screen didn't go completely to the floor. The bottom corners used straps to attach to the side rails. I used it as a wind break when it rained.

Back