Can a sport arch be added after the fact...

JIm_Andrea

Reaction score
In my quest to upgrade my stereo and get more sound outside the boat to people swimming I'm at a loss.  The only way to accomplish this is put in a Derrick sized stereo and just crank the hell of out it ( an provide ear plugs for those still on the boat ) or add speakers that point outside.  Only 2 options I can think of is either cutting holes ion the back and adding so 6 1/2 or mounting tower speaker pods that can swivel. Both and positives and negative but the big issue with both is cutting holes and mounting things to railings... Once you do this you can't go back.  I know adding a sport arch is something you can't go back from either but I do like the look, it is something that can be ordered from factory and would allow to mount tower speakers easily.  I know I'm probably way over thinking this but thought I would throw it out there and see what you all think.   I have a 2012 2275 GCW with single Bimini. 

I know on mine where it is attached it appears that there is addition support on the deck .Dont know what may have been added under side ,I have a wave shield 

Also you Cannot Tube with an arch ,only ski unless they have changed that  .

I  have also considered adding additional speakers in stern section of my loungers .

Would be an easy add for me ,wires are already there 

Im not sure I would even want to use the arch to pull anything. More going for the look and ability to add speakers.

I remember Bennington responding that the arch could not be retro fitted.  There are structural additions to the boat construction to support the arch.  There is a aftermarket generic arch out there but it looked weird to me.   

Gotta have shade... My wife is Caspers sister 

image.jpeg

Jim,

On the stereo stuff, there's ways of making the music comfortable for everyone on the boat.  On my last boat, I installed a Wetsounds WS-420SQ.  It's nice because I was able to put the in-boat speakers, the sub and the tower speakers all on separate zones.  So, I could crank up the tower speakers if I was pulling someone while turning down the in-boat's.  If you installed one of those and ran a couple of speakers out the back with it's own amp, you could easily control the sound coming out the back without blowing out everyone else sitting on the boat.  Just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
I miss Lake Havasu and the bridge!  Im looking at the Fusion 650 or 750. Both have multiple zone control. The issue is how to mount speakers to get the sound outside the boat. Im taking the boat to a local shop that specializes in aftermarket towers and stereo installs.  Im sure they can come up with something.  Maybe cutting the holes for a few 6 1/2 facing back wont be to bad. I just dont want to affect resale negatively as i dont plan on keeping this boat longer than 3 more seasons. 

Shouldn't hurt the resale at all if done correctly.  Should be fairly easy to come up with a clean speaker install.  It wouldn't hurt the resale at all unless if it was some hack job.

They swivel completely around to face the back of the boat.  Used v-lock mounting brackets on the rail.  Did not screw into the rail, can remove the speakers and fully cover the boat.

Back