Can anyone, someone please explain this??? wood look Benny?

The pictures don't show how impressive it looks. It is real wood overlay on the boat. With the finish on the wood, the boat shines/glows. When you walked into the display hall you saw a beautiful Q and R boat then at the end this wood boat is sitting there. Your first thought was OMG what is that and is it real wood. You hurried past the other boats to check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a work of art....beautiful... thought was possible production model but looks like a one off...very neat!

I love my boat and the fun we had this year but realizing where I live i may have to go with another option simply based on conditions..... nothing to do with the sea worthiness as the boat did great....more the below...

I hope at some point Benny realizes the HUGE salt water market open for the taking if they ever develop a center console like helm station option, raised, with proper limited wind protection with higher wind deflector (standard center console like protection, not full element protection but not wide open to elements like the current). I am not suggesting other areas not on ocean do not get windy but where I have my Benny in North East (Newport RI) the boat of choice for many is a center console. (for many reasons) Raised helm with ability to stand or sit giving maximum visibility for lobster traps, bouys, moorings along with some added wind protection from the heavy heavy wind conditions in this area and generally found on ocean....

Is what was saw at the show all that is to come for next year or does anyone think a center console could be in the making??????????

Bennington does listen. They have talked about the cost of creating a new mold for a center console. The good news is that with their sales and market share they can at explore that option.

I think a Wooden Benny is a GREAT IDEA! Absolutely love it!

From what I have been told by my dealer ( who was at the event )

Panels,tables and trim hand rubbed mahogany,

$30,000.00 option on the Q

I thought it looked fantastic, an ultimate demonstration of craftsmanship on a pontoon. I don't find it hard at all to imagine a lot of people of means popping for this. If you look around any coastal or big lake marina you'll see sportfishermen, luxury trawlers, "picnic" day boats, and express cruisers that are well into the hundreds of thousands, and even millions. The interiors of those boats, similar to custom motor coaches, have incredible woodwork and finishes. Many of those boat's owners use marina yacht services to keep them in shape, run the engines and gear regularly since they're not there, etc. The sad thing is many of them get little use by the actual owners. This boat is pocket change to those guys and it can be run every day, with minimal upkeep and reliable power, so not a bad value proposition at all.

I'm not sure they'll be able to top this work of art. Wow. Don't care what the price tag is, if you own one, you are a very lucky person.

TOMS could not agree more.... 30k, in a Q, sport tower and a center console option and I would be a buyer!!!!! My boat turns heads in my area, this boat would drop jaws.....toons look polished as well? Is it repairable if gets panel damage? Where are the structurale frames bars? Under the wood?

The toons were polished to a mirror finish. OK for a show boat, not practical for a lake boat. Wait, "Jeeves, polish the toons today, would you, my good man?"

Each of the wood and stainless accent trim pieces is screwed with stainless screws to the fences behind. Any damage, just pop off the offending piece and its easily (but not cheaply replaced). Now the molded bow pieces..... those are gonna hurt even the 1% if they need replacing.

From what I have been told by my dealer ( who was at the event )

Panels,tables and trim hand rubbed mahogany,

$30,000.00 option on the Q
There was even mahogany used as trim under the fold down armrests on the loungers.

Classy.

Hmmmmmm now what about maintenance? The boats here with lots of teak spend a small fortune yearly to maintain that look....the jamacains arrive early summer (great at the varnish craft and it is a special craft to do it right, 7 coats!) Here in my area and plenty or work as woos in my area costs to maintain... Its as hard to maintain such a finish as to buy the boat many times....but gosh that looks amazing!

Any more pics floating around of this boat, exterior, interior as well??? Tx
I do, but am currently without a hosting site. PM me an email address and I'll send them to you with the hope you can post them for all to enjoy.

Why don't you just upload them in the gallery and link them using the "my media" button, then we can just click on the ones we want to see larger. You can upload huge files onto here that way, 20MB max per picture, unlimited total

It is a work of art....beautiful... thought was possible production model but looks like a one off...very neat!

I love my boat and the fun we had this year but realizing where I live i may have to go with another option simply based on conditions..... nothing to do with the sea worthiness as the boat did great....more the below...

I hope at some point Benny realizes the HUGE salt water market open for the taking if they ever develop a center console like helm station option, raised, with proper limited wind protection with higher wind deflector (standard center console like protection, not full element protection but not wide open to elements like the current). I am not suggesting other areas not on ocean do not get windy but where I have my Benny in North East (Newport RI) the boat of choice for many is a center console. (for many reasons) Raised helm with ability to stand or sit giving maximum visibility for lobster traps, bouys, moorings along with some added wind protection from the heavy heavy wind conditions in this area and generally found on ocean....

Is what was saw at the show all that is to come for next year or does anyone think a center console could be in the making??????????
Newport, sorry to hear that you're considering moving on from your Benny in less than one season of use. I'm considering buying a QCW 2575 for use along the CT shoreline and was initially encouraged by your earlier posts, but now i'm having 3rd thoughts. Can you be more specific about why you are less than fully satisfied with your Benny? Are you getting waves over your bow? Too much spray on you and your passengers? Any further comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Metsfan, no, nothing like that. Come to Newport RI and will take u out and u will be blown away...never a wave over the bow, almost no spray...handles amazing. For me I just want a bit more protection from the wind and love the visability from center area raised helms...(I plan to add taller post to current seat at healm to be higher). Its been a bad summer down here, wind non stop, fewer warm-hot summer days etc... The boat is truly amazing....get the q+sport tower as helps in the rough stuff adding some rigidity....

Newport, thanks for the quick reply. Please keep us posted as to what you decide to do. I also think northeast coast is POTENTIALLY a huge untapped market but there are certain obstacles and perceptions that must be overcome.

Back