Canopy drama

lakeliving

Reaction score
I need to vent for a minute. So I ordered a new vinyl canopy for our lift back in February to verify that it would be in before the season arrived. The dealer originally told me 3 weeks to get it in as it is "custom". We're now 8 weeks along and still no canopy. Called again today and am getting the, it takes time run around. When I called two weeks ago for an update, it was on the truck, last week they told me they ran out of vinyl. WTF is going on with them? The boat isn't here yet but damn, 9 weeks to sew some vinyl together? I ordered vinyl, not some hand stitched, gold and ivory infused custom weave. End rant.

I need to vent for a minute. So I ordered a new vinyl canopy for our lift back in February to verify that it would be in before the season arrived. The dealer originally told me 3 weeks to get it in as it is "custom". We're now 8 weeks along and still no canopy. Called again today and am getting the, it takes time run around. When I called two weeks ago for an update, it was on the truck, last week they told me they ran out of vinyl. WTF is going on with them? The boat isn't here yet but damn, 9 weeks to sew some vinyl together? I ordered vinyl, not some hand stitched, gold and ivory infused custom weave. End rant.
Sorry to hear about it as I'm sure it's frustrating.

Here is the guy who did mine, all custom for a 30' ShoreStation in less than 2 weeks. Larry did an awesome job and cost was very reasonable.

http://www.lccovers.com/

I have a Starr lift, which went out of business and the assets were purchased by Diversified Docks. I went to them as they own the Starr name which would be on my new canopy and it would have a 7 year warranty. My lift is also 9'6 x 24 so nothing large by any means and still paid $900. I think I got over charged a bit. I'm fuming.

I have a Starr lift, which went out of business and the assets were purchased by Diversified Docks. I went to them as they own the Starr name which would be on my new canopy and it would have a 7 year warranty. My lift is also 9'6 x 24 so nothing large by any means and still paid $900. I think I got over charged a bit. I'm fuming.
Oh yes, I know a bit about them :-(

Trust me, Larry can make it for you as he has the patterns. All of these lift companies job that out anyway.

Oh yes, I know a bit about them :-(

Trust me, Larry can make it for you as he has the patterns. All of these lift companies job that out anyway.
Feel free to PM me with some details on them if you wish.

Back