Canvas cover discolored seats

Looney Toon

Reaction score
Last July we took possession of our new 20SL Amber Yellow pontoon with sports graphics. The pontoon partnered with a yellow canvas cover and yellow bimini top cover. The yellow cover has bled on to the tops of the seats. Bennington was sent photos of the damage and has decided to replace the seats. The Amber yellow covers have evidently been a problem for Bennington. They are telling us our only choice for a cover is either taupe or black. Neither of those colors match our boat or the graphics. We are very disappointed as our pontoon sits out behind our house and the color combination with the taupe or black just won't work. Has anyone else had a problem like this?

Looney Toon.... our playpen cover is red ( maroon ) and we haven't had any issues either. But I would think given the two choices you have, black would look pretty good with the yellow... like Ron said, just my 2 cents worth.

We have a yellow with black cover on our lake and it looks really sharp ..... I think once you get it on, you'll be ok with it.

We had a yellow cover on our GG, and it looked good, but showed dirt very quickly and I would have preferred a black cover.

Smitty

I think the black too. It'll pop with the yellow bimini as well. It's good to see Bennington once again standing behind their product, understandable that they wouldn't want you to use a yellow top again and have the same issue down the road. My. 05 cents worth (sorry, we are phasing out the penny so had to round up!haha)

My question is do any of you fellas sleep? Every post is 2-3 AM! I agree with Derrick and others Black is the way to go!!

The boat is kept in the water year round in Florida. The hot Florida sun and black do not mix well......hence the yellow......Thanks though ....I appreciate all the replies.

I would be concerned about the black................ I purchased a "dark blue" mooring cover last year and it bled on all surfaces it touched. The dealer we purchased it from suggested that it would fade with time and that didn't happen. They are currently speaking with Bennington regarding a warranty replacement. I would love to treat the seats and or cover but, I don't want to make the situation worse and more importantly void the warrant on the cover. Does anyone know how to remedy this kind of problem. The boat is stored on a lift with a full length canopy protecting the both boat and mooring cover. I'm just hoping that this is an isolated incident and that everything will be addressed by the factory. Our first cover that was delivered with the boat didn't have this problem.

My boat too is kept in a boathouse, and the cover is only used in the Winter. My cover's taupe, and hopefully won't do any bleeding on my light ivory seats.

The covers are such a pain to put on and off--requiring a strong grip and fingers.

Black and "Gold".

image.jpg

The cover on our 2575 RLIO is tan and it would discolor the front seats. We fixed it by putting towels over the seats where the cover discolord the seats. The damage has been done. The seats are not perfict just wish we would have known that was the thing to do years ago

Is the "mooring cover" you refer to the same as the playpen cover? As a new Bennie owner (2013 2250 RCL) I would appreciate any suggestions you "seasoned" owners would have for a newbie like me (before I put it in the water) to avoid any possible staining, etc.. The boat will be in a lift when not out riding on the lake. I did buy a package to treat the seats so not sure if that avoids the problem or not. Let me know. Thanks.

Update: Great news! Heard back from Bennington. They discovered upon checking the hull ID #'s of the several Amber Yellow pontoons that had the cover stain the seats that the numbers were in sequence. It appears that the material used to make the covers were from the same defective batch. They are going to have another yellow cover made. Hats off to Bennington as we really were not happy with having to choose either a black or taupe cover for our amber yellow pontoon. New seats and cover should be at the dealer in about 5 weeks. It's nice to know a company stands behind it's product and makes it a priority to take care of their customers!

Bennington comes through again!!

What about Gee? His was a tan color, what's the scoop there?

Back