captain flip up seat + raised helm !!

David6801

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Anyone over there have a raise helm with the flip up seat ??
Ordering my 23 XLFB. And wand as much high and sight ahead as possible... my first Pontoon...
Thanks
Appreciate a photo if available.

If you want to sit up higher in comfort this might be worth considering. I’ve seen people post about it on here.

If you want to sit up higher in comfort this might be worth considering. I’ve seen people post about it on here.
lakelifeMN, Do you have one?

No but I like the idea of it. It’s full sized seat cushion. I ordered the elevated helm so if it’s still not tall enough for my wife might order one for her to be more comfortable.

I see it comes in 4" 6" 8" I was just wondering how to figure what lift you wanted without having Captain seat to sit in ? And if the 16"x10" would be the size for our seats?

I’m new to boating and thought the same. Will have to go out a few times in the spring and see if I need one. Not sure on size either as my boat hasn’t gotten here yet...

I’ve thought about getting a Bolster Buddy for us to add even more height with our elevated helm. I am only 5’8” and my wife is only 5’. Even with the raised helm, it can be hard to see sometimes with taller guests on board. Impossible for my wife.

I almost went for a Bolster Buddy last summer, but had decision paralysis when trying to choose what size to get. I’d be interested in people’s experiences and recommendations too.

Though still waiting for my boat, all my friends have Bolsters on their boats and they are AWESOME. They allow either an elevated sitting or leaning position that is really helpful when docking or other technical steering. Yet, you can sit low when flying down the lake and get some of that wind out of your face. Plus, I really like the single level deck and being at the same height as my co-captain.

My dealer told me you can't get the elevated platform and the captain's seat with the bolster for liability reasons. I went with the elevated helm.

With the added height of the elevated helm, and then standing up on that, I can see why they don’t allow both!!

Your dealer is incorrect! I just place a elevated helm with a V2 bolster seat. However you can not order the wide bolster seat with elevated helm. I think that is the confusion

Back