Captains seat

Cocky Cruiser

Reaction score
Just purchased my 2013 Bennington SL last week and have taken it out twice. We have noticed the seat popping bad on any kind of movement. Tried to find the problem but could not isolate. Has anyone had this type of issue? And if there is an issue would this be covered under warranty?

Mine did it bad on my 22 SSX but it hasn't been a problem with the elevated helm on my G. There have been some other discussion about it on here, if I recall correctly, the resolution is to tighten the bolts but that is not easy if you have a wave shield. 

I don't have that issue, but everything is covered. Is it new or preowned?

I'm gonna get out there this week and see what I can tighten down, just hope it isn't the board underneath

I don't think it is. The last thread on this that came up made me think it was very common. My last boat started doing it after just a month or two (brand new). I thought I just needed to lose a few pounds until it came up here. Ha! 

My 2013 SLX also did it .

Yep, I posted it a few months back, same thing here, Wave shield in my way, one great member said he put together an extension attachment on a box /open ended wrench, so one could reach from the side rail. Then have a friend on the top side tightening the Allen screws at the base. Have not tried it yet. Seems to be a common problem. Come on factory? Torque Specs, Anyone? (Maybe Isolate base gasket?)

I was thinking one more season of "snap crackle and POP", (Not that bad)  then this winter back to the dealership for warranty and maintenance.   

Back