Carpet questions

truckone176

Reaction score
Hello, my wife and I sold our ski boat and looking to get a 2012 2275 GCW. My question is this, has anyone had a problem with the carpet getting mildew and smelly? My last boat had a fiberglass floor with snap-in carpet so that was never an issue. I wish that the boat had the vinyl or seagrass floor, but I am optimistic about the carpet.

I have carpet in my 2012 and have never had a problem with mildew or smells.  Have had someone drop a full glass of red wine and cleaned right up.  Very impressed with how good it still looks 

Our first pontoon had carpet. After a week on the lake with a bunch of kids, I always rinsed with clean water and let it air/dry out. Never had any issues.

Brian

I've got the seagrass on my Benny but my last boat (Malibu wakeboard) had carpet.  Had the boat 9 years and never any sort of an issue.  The key is making sure it has adequate ventilation and not leaving damp stuff on it.  My boats have always sat in the garage uncovered so they "breathe."  Don't cover the boat when the carpet's wet and pick up damp towels and jackets and you should never have a problem.  I've always made it a point to open hatches and such for a day or two after being on the lake to ensure everything naturally airs out.  Just my .02.

Back