Carpets

Butchkid

Reaction score
I ran in to a problem with a piece of carpet that covers the center storage. It is snapped on to the door, and it catches on things like the moveable seat, cooler, etc... Finally one of the snaps came off and so I called the dealer and now they are struggling to find the part number to order. It made me think about the rest of my carpet.

What are the opinions about snap down carpet? I chose not to do that when I ordered the boat because the dealer suggested that at high speed the carpets can fly up. Has anyone really ever experienced that? It sounded unlikely to me, and I was thinking that as the carpet wears I might want to do that in the future. I like the idea of being able to pull the carpets out and take them to a car wash or use my power washer on them in the driveway without taking the whole boat with me.

I'm a big fan of the snap-in carpet. My carpet got saturated one Sunday and I needed to put my cover on the boat for a few weeks. We were able to pull out the carpet and dry it in the garage as opposed to having wet carpet left in the boat. We don't fish on our boat but I know many tooners that do. Best not to have fish flopping around on your carpet. With snap-in, take it out when fishing and have it in for cruising and socializing.

We love our snap in carpet also. We have labs and are able to keep the carpet much cleaner than our old pontoon.

I like my snap in carpets as well. I have numerous through-deck openings into my hulls. Being able to remove the carpet is the only was to provide access to these.

As for having carpets get blown around at high speeds, I don't think that's a problem. I tow my boat down the highway and the snaps hold just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back