Catalog Mistake ?

I'm with ya there Derrick. I had a punch list 3 typed pages long, single spaced, for a certain well known tournament ski boat manufacturer after delivery. It took me 2 full seasons to get it all right but they ultimately did it for us. And, we eventually bought another one 10 years later based on that experience.

Can't say I understand why you would care what happens at this "meeting" its Bennington's company, they became the best because they know how to run it. I guess I'm just still lost why after everything being worked out for you, it seems like (for lack of a better term) you still have an attitude about it. Don't worry about your dealer, he's still making money on the deal. I would far from say it is a "publicity fiasco" it is a few simple mistakes. That I may remind you Bennington has the option of saying too bad so sad for you, but they aren't, they are doing everything they can to try to make it right for you, yet it seems like it still isn't enough. When you look at the entry model pontoon of any manufacturer, you are getting a far better boat. Well with that great build quality and design and feature list comes a price. Bennington can not "just raise it $250" because that may very well make someone decide to buy a different brand. Maybe that person could care less if they have a portable cupholder and don't see any added value. They spend a lot of time figuring out what to include, for the right price, in a base model boat. Probably because they also know that once you have a Bennington, you will buy another. They are that good. Your dealer should have known and told you up front, it would have saved all this. Granted its disappointing to all that there is a mistake in the catalog, no one more than Bennington, they take pride in what they do and it shows in their workmanship. Sorry, just thought this was done with and you were satisfied.
RESOLVED

Bennington has made it right, I am good .

We made a good choice ,Bennignton and dealer ,as far as I am concerned .at this point .

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto with Bulldogs ...... As a mod I will step in on this and state "you made your point, let your feelings known, TB has responded WITH ACKNOWLEDGED RESOLUTION, continuing this thread further with the same comments, it may be locked. Commenting to find satisfaction is one thing, but this thread is close to crossing the line of continuous bashing for a subject that's been addressed to what seems a mutual understanding.

Thank you,

Smitty

Been some time since I ordered a boat, and even then it wasn't from Bennington, but I sure remember how hard it was to wait. I was posting alot to an owners forum for that make, and I'll never forget once I shared the build date, another forum member posted "Oh no, not a Friday build!" I was crushed, and it still cracks me up to think about it. Guess I'm just trying to say I understand jsb6pts's pain, and desire to share these experiences to help others. The rest of us just have to keep in mind that jsb6pts has not yet had the opportunity to relax, unwind, and just plain enjoy being out on his Bennington. jsb6pts, that time will come and hopefully sooner rather than later. I predict you will come to love the koolaid, just like the rest of us! LOL

Hey Admiral, this is your cousin Dave. How's it going buddy, haven't talked to you in a while. We were at Whites Landing in Fenton yesterday looking at boats. I want one like the one you're getting. What color did you get? Problem is Bonne spotted the 22 footer with the rear facing double lounge chair. Its cool but costs too much. Now I have a problem. If Bonnie ain't happy ain't nobody happy. Know what I mean?

He was just asking pretty simple questions..that's what this forum is about..so he should just take the boat with whatever options because its a bennington..like wtf the attitude of some users is ridiculous

We don't like attitude and nobody had an attitude, it was just starting to be like beating a dead horse. There was no disrespect to anyone.

He was just asking pretty simple questions..that's what this forum is about..so he should just take the boat with whatever options because its a bennington..like wtf the attitude of some users is ridiculous
Since I was one of the more vocal people on this topic, I will say this, you will notice that in the beginning, we were all supportive in answering his questions, and telling him not to worry, don't get stressed, Bennington will take care of it, which they did. No one had any negativity in their tone until there were 2 different topics made, addressing the same issues, and continued on AFTER Bennington had already publicly apologized for their mistake and had vowed to correct the issue, yet, it still continued with negativity. So the only ridiculous attitude is yours. The only comment you have made regarding this topic is to bash the users who are/were trying to help him enjoy the experience of purchasing a boat for the first time, and not to be worrying about it anymore. Good for him for finding the mistakes and getting them taken care of. I truly hope the rest of the experience is as enjoyable as the rest of ours has been. I also hope that you realize that all of us are on here to help, and yes, we can get a bit defensive when we feel someone is bad mouthing or getting negative towards Bennington, my reason, as I'm sure everyone else who took exception to the negativity, is because Bennington has stood behind their products for us, helped us out when we were in a jam, answered questions that were above and beyond what any other manufacturer would do. So as they say, we have their back and they have ours. I hope you stay on this board and read all the MANY times that they have helped out people, maybe then you will understand. Thanks

Hey Admiral, this is your cousin Dave. How's it going buddy, haven't talked to you in a while. We were at Whites Landing in Fenton yesterday looking at boats. I want one like the one you're getting. What color did you get? Problem is Bonne spotted the 22 footer with the rear facing double lounge chair. Its cool but costs too much. Now I have a problem. If Bonnie ain't happy ain't nobody happy. Know what I mean?
Dave I sent you a pm .

Only attitude is mine? Really if you reread your previous statements you specifically said the poster had attitude...the guy asked a simple question..and the two of u start ripping on him...Is that how you help people..this has nothing to do with bennington or there quality..

Telling the guy to lighten up..go buy another boat..telling him options he wants are really not that important..like how do you know what's important to him..he just wanted to see if he had tilt steering..anyways good to see bennington came through...can't wait to get my new one in the water soon

Only attitude is mine? Really if you reread your previous statements you specifically said the poster had attitude...the guy asked a simple question..and the two of u start ripping on him...Is that how you help people..this has nothing to do with bennington or there quality..
First off Davey25, I have never "ripped" on anyone on here. If you notice, he has changed all his posts to RESOLVED with the edit button. If you read the OTHER topic I said "For Lack of a better word attitude " he also "liked" the responses I made to him, and I did say I was happy everything worked out and hoped he could enjoy the process again. In all the time I have been on here, this is the most "heated" discussion that has taken place, and as I said in my last post to you, we all answered his questions first, and tried to reassure him it would be taken care of. Also at no point did we say anything he wanted wasn't important. We said they were minor things that can be fixed after the fact if even after Bennington and his dealer told him would be there and he was still worried about them showing up. Point being that one way or another the problem could be taken care of, regardless if it got missed at the factory somehow, since he was still worrying it wouldn't be right. I think that since he is pleased with the outcome and has considered it resolved, maybe you should also let it be resolved. I have always stated that "if I say something that can be taken two ways and one of them pisses you off, then I meant the other one. I have stated so many times that the reason I like this board so much is that everyone here is always here to help. I still stand by that, heck I'll even help you if you have a question! :) and I do mean that in a good way. Enjoy your new boat Davey.

Back