Cavitation plate mount trolling motors

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
According to the website it is only for planning hulls.

I saw that in the FAQ as well, but figured it was more to do with while underway having the trolling part be out if the water once you get some speed going. I guess since we can see the cavitation plate while cruising I assumed that would be sufficient since there would be no drag or force on the TM. I originally said go with a Minn Kota quick release plate. It's on a 24SSRX tri toon. Doesn't have the half gate, nor the extended bow. What do you think would be the best setup? I don't think they want to use it much at all, more like a safety if the main motor craps out on them. I said minimum 55lb, but with a 24' I thought even the 70 or 100# would be a better choice.  Any thoughts? 

and where to mount a couple more batteries.

If using as a backup motor it might work.  I looked at them as a trolling motor and decided i didn't want to be turning the wheel while fishing.  I went with the Minn Kota and added the co-pilot remote control last year.  Easier than the wired foot pedal.  

Can you up the power for a duo prop performance? Just kidding. I don't see that working in big hp applications, but maybe on 50 or less where the current while under speed won't damage it or the boat.

I have the 55# powerdrive and use it a lot. I just use to move along the shoreline and not open water trolling. The 55# is fine for my needs. Battery is in the back - port side.

and where to mount a couple more batteries.
Derrick's whole boat is like a big battery. No worries about enough DC there.

I could probably fit a couple more in the port side!! Might look like I'm "pulling a wheelie" with all that weight in the back though!!

Back