Cavitation

Rcook539

Reaction score
I have a 2010 2275 rli with 6.2 l I/o. The last 2 times out on the Mississippi when running along at about 3800 rpms a couple of times it felt like the prop would miss the rpms would jump a bit and the boat would hesitate then run fine.  Any idea what would cause this or nothing to worry about.  

Thanks

Have you checked the prop hub to make sure it's not slipping? That's my best guess.

Yes checked that also ran fine rest of way both times even at higher and lower rpms. My thinking is I'm hitting an air pocket but I'm not sure why or if a different problem that needs to be checked out

When it happens........where is the trim set at?!? Is it trimmed all the way up?!?

Yes checked that also ran fine rest of way both times even at higher and lower rpms. My thinking is I'm hitting an air pocket but I'm not sure why or if a different problem that needs to be checked out

Were you turning or going straight? When was the last time you had the lower serviced? When it happened, do you recall how many people on board and where they were sitting/standing?

Cheers, Steve

Back