Center Floor Storage

Donna20225

Reaction score
I am looking for a few suggestions. I have a 2017 RSB 2375 25 ft tritoon with a 200 HP Yamaha I that recently became my sole responsibility. My 16-year-old son knows a whole lot, but I need advice. It is kept in a slip on a lift. When I hose down the carpet the first time water got all in the center floor storage. Since then I have tried to put plastic garbage bags around it to prevent the water from leaking down there when I am hosing off the deck. Just wondered if there was a better way.

Also, any recommendation on types of brushes or carpet cleaner? I know a squeegee will help me get the water off but would like to scrub the carpets clean. Just seeing if any carpet cleaner is best?

Finally, is a wetvac worth the money? Some on my dock have them and use it frequently, some say it is a waste of money.

Thanks for any advice, I am becoming the boat mom for my kiddos, but have a lot to learn!!

Good for you for jumping into it to become the boat mom for the kids. No small endeavor, but well worth it. I don’t have carpet, so I’ll leave those questions for others.

Center Pontoon Floor Storage: There should be a bilge pump. It pumps water out of that storage compartment. Presumably one of the switches on your dash will likely have an off, on, and auto setting between being toggled up auto, left in center off position, or toggled down for on.

On my S-series with an R helm I believe it is the upper left toggle switch or middle left toggle switch on my dash. However, my boat is still in winter storage and its been 9 months so I might be off.

Perhaps someone with a 2017 R series Bennington can fine tune directing you to the proper bilge pump toggle switch on your dash. However, once you have it, just turn it on to clear out water in that compartment. That center floor storage gets water in everyday boating use, so having the bilge run periodically is good anyways.

Good luck with it all. You are in the right forum for help. Just toss your questions out here and various people will pipe in.

Maybe high grade duct tape just till your done cleaning, then remove it? Shop vacs are great, just remember if ac powered, be careful around water. I used a generator and ac powered vac to suck water out of our old boats carpet after cleaning. Dried out much quicker. Buy a decent vac, don’t go cheap, or tiny. Get 3 gallon or bigger or you’ll be emptying it all the time.
If you have access to a generator, you could also rent a carpet cleaner, that would work best, OR, see if there’s a local company that cleans carpets.

I am looking for a few suggestions. I have a 2017 RSB 2375 25 ft tritoon with a 200 HP Yamaha I that recently became my sole responsibility. My 16-year-old son knows a whole lot, but I need advice. It is kept in a slip on a lift. When I hose down the carpet the first time water got all in the center floor storage. Since then I have tried to put plastic garbage bags around it to prevent the water from leaking down there when I am hosing off the deck. Just wondered if there was a better way.

Also, any recommendation on types of brushes or carpet cleaner? I know a squeegee will help me get the water off but would like to scrub the carpets clean. Just seeing if any carpet cleaner is best?

Finally, is a wetvac worth the money? Some on my dock have them and use it frequently, some say it is a waste of money.

Thanks for any advice, I am becoming the boat mom for my kiddos, but have a lot to learn!!
Hi Donna welcome to the forum. After you get your carpet clean I'd like to make a suggestion. Spray your carpet with a waterproofer. I have used Starbrite and 303 products. Both good. Anyway after you spray them the water beads up like a waxed car and runs off. Your carpet will be so easy to keep clean. You won't need a shop vac. .

Back