Center Storage Is Wet Inside-Yuk!

Tooncrazy

Reaction score
2015 2275 GCW. Hosed down my Designer Vinyl  floor today and discovered afterward that everything in my center storage compartment was wet. This is a major mold problem in the making. I have snap in carpet and didn't realize the door was slotted Has anyone figured out a way to stop the center storage access door from leaking on a wash down or otherwise? 

I'm going to try wrapping the door in a trash bag next time I do a wash down and otherwise keep the carpet piece off for ventilation.

Last edited by a moderator:
The door on mine is slotted. I don't think you can keep it from leaking. My solution is to leave it open when I'm not using the boat. Even here in super dry Utah and even without ever spraying down the deck or getting much water in there, it always seems to stay moist inside. Damp rid is another possible solution, but I find it easy to just to leave it open while the cover is on. Just be careful not to forget about that when you start rolling the cover back. 

I always left the in floor storage door open to promote circulation. Condensation builds up quite a bit down there.

Has nothing to do with the design. It has to do with the dew. You might notice some nights when you go to tuck her in and it's about 11 on a nice night.... Your seats are going to be wet. Part of life on a boat.

I typically open all seats and compartments before i put cover on to let it all dry out.

It will always be a damp environment in there, even without you splashing water in there.

Cool lake water gets the surface temp of the alum below dew point.

The condensate has nowhere to go except pool in the bottom of the storage compartment.

When hosing off the carpet I try to place a trash bag over the door, then after carpet cleaning leave it open. If a lot of water got in, use center bilge.

Back