Center storage

Butchkid

Reaction score
I noticed water in my center storage of my 2575 QCW. I thought maybe when they washed the boat before delivery they left water in there. I dried it out completely and went for a ride. When I was done there was about a gallon of water back in the center storage. That doesn't seem right. Everything was wet.

I would contact your dealer. It sounds like you have a weld that is leaking

Yea. Had my friend stick his head in while the boat was moving and when we hit a wave he got squirted in the face. He said he could see daylight.

I've only had mine out once and it too collected water in the center storage toon. I know when you put wet items in it (skis, noodles, life jacket,etc) then it collects water which is what the bilge pump is for. I wonder if it's really suppose to have so much water that it splashs you if your looking in it while moving. Maybe the guys at Bennington and give us an answer.

Moisture and condensation are normal in the center storage areas and that's why we provide a "floor" and bilge pump in the ESP. The center tube is sealed and the center fuel cell and center storage are linked if you ordered the in-floor fuel tank. You should be able to open the storage lid, look within and run the boat without seeing water spray within. If you see spray (or daylight??) please take the boat back to the dealer for diagnosis and repair. We'll stand behind our warranty. Thanks, TB

Moisture and condensation are normal in the center storage areas and that's why we provide a "floor" and bilge pump in the ESP. The center tube is sealed and the center fuel cell and center storage are linked if you ordered the in-floor fuel tank. You should be able to open the storage lid, look within and run the boat without seeing water spray within. If you see spray (or daylight??) please take the boat back to the dealer for diagnosis and repair. We'll stand behind our warranty. Thanks, TB
The dealer is telling me there is a gasket between the tube and the floor that sometimes gets bunched up during assembly and leaves a gap where water can squeeze through when the boat is in motion. The solution they are suggesting is to caulk it. A 30 minute ride produced a gallon of water so I just want to make sure this is the best, long term solution or if they should replace the gasket. Caulk would be the least invasive, but I would like this to be permanent.

Thank you Team Bennington for the quick response. Next time I get out on the water I'll take a closer look that this issue.

I'm going to check mine out again this weekend and see just how much water is coming in.

UPDATE! They put a nice bead all around the inside of the storage where it meets the floor and I can no longer see any light. I ran across the lake multiple times at high speed in some pretty good waves and I was bone dry when I got back to the slip. That's the first time ever. The problem is solved. :D

Glad all is well with your storage area. After reading your post, I checked on mine and it is bone dry. This forum provides some great info so thanks to all for sharing problems/solutions. Enjoy!

Back