Change ladder??

Jack65K

Reaction score
TB - Can you tell me if the 2014 pullout ladder for the swim platform will fit in the same mounting holes as my 2012 pullout ladder??

Jack

TB - Can you tell me if the 2014 pullout ladder for the swim platform will fit in the same mounting holes as my 2012 pullout ladder??

Jack
Jack, TB doesn't spend a lot of time here as things are hopping at the factory.

Your best be for a timely answer is to inquire of your dealer.

I asked the parts guy at our local dealer and he didn't know! So I thought I would ask here as I really like the idea of the extra step and doing away with the rubber strap.

Jack

Have you tried to PM ,TB ? They have always responded within a day or so anytime I have had a question .

Jack65 I called Benny last week and inquired about this exact issue with customer service who got the answer from the production manager....the new telescoping model 4 step w locking latch produced by Windline aka Lobostar will bolt on to our Windline telescoping with the rubber latch...cost through dealer about 325.00. I haven't called Windline yet to check on direct price. But I am fed up replacing rubber latches and this new design solves this issue permanently.

Thanks for the info I will definately check it out!

Jack

Here is a pic of the ladder i think we were both talking about...is this the same one you were referring too?

That's the one that I am referring to and thanks again!

Jack

I sent TB a PM and after checking with engineering they say that the 3 step and 4 step ladders have different mounting positions and that it would be a difficult retrofit.

Jack

Update: after a couple PMs with TB, it looks like the new ladder (4 step) will not mount in the same holes and further supports would need to be added to accommodate the longer ladder mount. So I will just keep replacing the robber strap!

Jack

Update: after a couple PMs with TB, it looks like the new ladder (4 step) will not mount in the same holes and further supports would need to be added to accommodate the longer ladder mount. So I will just keep replacing the robber strap!

Jack
Don't know if it would work for yours but my 2013 has a web strap with a snap to keep the ladder up. Haven't had a problem with it. Adding a snap to the ladder shouldn't be hard to do.

Good suggestion and will look into a snap strap.

Jack

It's what we have on our 07' rl and it's still there, never broke.

I like the snap idea all i know I was bummed the newer ladders won't work after all. Thanks Jack for having TB dig deeper into the engineering i would have hated ordering one off what they said at first just to find out it didn't. Now I have to go break the news to the wife she going to be bummed.

Kmlmartel,

I was all set to order as well if it would have been an easy retrofit so god we didn't and glad TB was able to get to the bottom of it,

Jack

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a square box? Can't be that hard. I may order one as I really like that 4th step.

Rubber strap, my dealer switched mine to a different brand, much more beef to it. I will find out the brand

Will please find out the other strap brand that would be great ...can you get a pic of it or a link to the website??? I'm sure many if us on here need a better rubber strap since all I see is broken ones on the water!!!

It's a square box? Can't be that hard. I may order one as I really like that 4th step.

Rubber strap, my dealer switched mine to a different brand, much more beef to it. I will find out the brand
As TB explained it, our boats lack the wider/longer under deck bracing to support the 4 step ladder. A midyear change in 2014 added the larger brace for the ladder and they suggest that the extra brace be added.Jack

My 2013 GCW came with a 3 step ladder, we had the dealer put a 4 step on and  it works great.

Andy

Back