Cleaning carpet

Pressure washer, then follow up with a mildew/mold cleaner and disinfectant like moldex or jomax.

To make a long story short...............I take a 32 oz. and put 1 oz of bleach in it and fill the rest w/fresh water and shake it up. I then lightly spray/mist the area wherever it is, (on the carpet, seats, etc.) and in a few minutes the stains disappear. I then take a damp rag and wipe the area and you're done. I've done this many times over the years and have been very successful not ruining the carpet or vinyl on the seats. The key is to use just a small bleach mixture to get rid of the mildew but not ruin the carpet fibers and vinyl........Some forum members might think that "Big Kahuna" is crazy for basically spraying bleach on carpet but I've tried many solutions over the years and this has been by far the best. I just did this recently and next time I'll take a video.......There's a pic of the carpet and seats in my gallery.............

any good ideas on best way to remove mildew on my carpet? Thanks
I use "Shockwave" by Fiberlock. It smells good and doesn't bleach the fabric. I also just had our house carpets cleaned and the boat was in the driveway. Asked how much, he measured and I had him do the boat carpet also. Much easier than the pressure washer.

Personaly after detailing boats for a few years and now being a boat owner myself, I never use a powerwasher on carpets that are in good to great condition. I use my commercial carpet extractor. If the carpet is not all that great and covered heavily in mildew or mold I will then powerwash them.

If you use the powerwasher incorrectly it will create too much water left behind. Also depends on how wet the carpet is to begin with. I have found that most of my customers would "clean" their boats with the powerwasher and not give the interior adaquate drying time before covering the boats or interiors up which casued them to call me. I am now beginning to offer "water proofing" options to keep as much water from sitting on the carpets and interior as possible. Seems to be working so far.

Back