Cleaning Fiberglass

Julianna

Reaction score
What is the best way to wash a fiberglass boat after a day in saltwater? My dealer threw in the Vantage Protection Plan, which means I paid too much lol, and said not to polish it or use Dawn dishwashing detergent. I always used Dawn on my 2016 SX and plenty of water. I’m very meticulous and want to do it right. This will be my last boat and she will be on a lift under canopy. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Cheers!

What is the best way to wash a fiberglass boat after a day in saltwater? My dealer threw in the Vantage Protection Plan, which means I paid too much lol, and said not to polish it or use Dawn dishwashing detergent. I always used Dawn on my 2016 SX and plenty of water. I’m very meticulous and want to do it right. This will be my last boat and she will be on a lift under canopy. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Cheers!

I'd use a boat wash or car wash product... On cars, Dawn will strip wax and ceramic coatings a lot faster than specifically formulated car wash detergents... not sure what the formulation difference is... starbrite and others make good products... I don't have experience though as i'm in the water all season....

Back