cleaning side panels

Awesome is available @ Dollar General for $1 per spray bottle, and it's yellow in color. Awesome also comes in 1/2 gallon bottles. It's the only thing that's ever removed the black streaks from my aluminum sided travel trailer. There again, it's also removing a little of the paint every time I use it. Now, I need to repaint my trailer.

I suggest using Awesome once, and then applying a good coat of car wax to the side panels. Or use some of the newer polymer car protectors like "Ice." I would avoid Awesome unless absolutely necessary.

I've been recently using Zep Orange spray cleaner, available at Home Depot. The stuff will take paint out of clothes, and remove any paint on your hands better than orange style pumice hand cleaners. I have not used Zep on my RV, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wouldn't also remove black streaks.

I can't say that I've had any paint removal issues with Awesome to date. I use it on the front of my vehicle and the front panels of my pontoon to loosen up the splattered bugs from driving down the road at night. I can't even say that it takes the wax off. I use Nu-Finish wax on everything I own. It lasts.

I've tried Awesome as a light degreaser.......didn't work worth the dollar I paid for it. Purple Power there. It obviously isn't the best cleaner for everything, but it'll get those black streaks off that's for sure. I use it full strength.

I believe that if your panels have been waxed and don't show any fade, you won't have an issue with Awesome. If you are one of those people that might wax your boat once a year, if you get around to it......or not, you may have a paint issue with any cleaner.

Wax on--wax off I say. :D

Back