Cleaning The Uphostery

Pittsburgh

Commodore
Reaction score
We all know or have heard of 303 , without question the most used upholstery cleaner on this forum with amazing results. Unfortunately for me it is not easily accessible unless if purchased online. As retail establishments close nationwide I go out of my way to buy from a Brick and Mortar preferably one locally. I found an item which I feel gives 303 some competition. I am sure some of you Car Guys out there are quite familiar with this product but for those who are not .......... It is Grrreeeeaaattt (lol) So if you want to clean the upholstery with little effort at a very affordable cost here is another option. BTW One can cleaned the entire Benny with a little left over :)

33303215_1935168213440487_3444305592317902848_o.jpg

Off topic just a bit
But
A Great Article I Thought I would Share
For Those of You On The Great Lakes or A Very Large lake
Enjoy The Dream (LOL)
For Those Who Don't Know This Is Not My Benny
Just An Article From Boating Magazine
Too Much Boat For Me and My Private Lake :)

Bennington 25 GSBA

Bennington's 25 GSBA features an amazing interior and loads of performance.

By Boating Tech Team December 13, 2017
0 Comments

The 25 GSBA we tested sported a humongous and growl-like 350 hp Yamaha V-8 for power, and it announced its presence with authority. With max speed just topping 50 mph at 6,350 rpm, the Yamaha pushed the big 25 GSBA around with ease. Best cruise was achieved at a sedate 17.4 mph and 2,500 rpm, where 3.6 mpg was recorded. That big V-8 is thirsty, though; at most any other speed level, mpg was in the 2s, not 3s. For those needing low-end grunt, this is your ride; we ripped zero to 30 multiple times in a consistent 5.4 seconds, enough to beat more than a few bass and speed hulls out of the hole. Our tester had optional power-assist hydraulic steering to keep that big Yam tightly harnessed with little effort at the wheel.

btgbg18_pon_bennington_25_gsba_06.jpg

LOA: 27'9" | Beam: 8'6" | Dry Weight: 3,298 lb. | Seating/Weight Capacity: 16/3,298 lb. | Fuel Capacity: 35.2 gal. | More Information: benningtonmarine.com

Bill Doster

btgbg18_pon_bennington_25_gsba_16.jpg

Bennington 25 GSBA

Bill Doster

Typical Bennington quality abounds throughout. The attention to detail starts at the bow with stylized corner lights, continues through the black powder-coated bow entryway door, and is showcased in the clean arrangement of underseat cushion storage and dual-action seat hinges, as well as nicely routed wiring and rigging under the driver’s console. The seat stitching is even and tight, and the upholstery is firmly pulled and attached with no sags or bellies in the vinyl.

btgbg18_pon_bennington_25_gsba_08.jpg

Bennington 25 GSBA

Bill Doster

Long, deep and cushy facing loungers adorn the bow section. The consoles are set back quite a bit from the bow; of course, this limits room in the stern, but it affords better fore-aft hull balance and gives the bow seating section a huge footprint. The driver’s console is a swept, curved fiberglass station with plenty more storage underneath; the dash is simply arranged, but all the vital information is there in analog instruments, along with a digital Kicker sound system.

Abaft, an aircraft-size rear lounge seat is fitted with a reversible backrest, making relaxing easy whether at the party inside the cockpit or out on the water. The seating surface hinges up to reveal a changing station as well as battery and wiring access. At the transom, Bennington shows it knows how to rig and route wiring and hoses to the Yamaha outboard; it’s all a neat and clean affair.

btgbg18_pon_bennington_25_gsba_14.jpg

Bennington 25 GSBA

Bill Doster

btgbg18_pon_bennington_25_gsba_07.jpg

Bennington 25 GSBA

Bill Doster

High Points
* Big size and open layout make this Bennington a true family truckster; the “yuge” Yamaha V-8 outboard gives the push for all that party space.
* Gorgeously stitched Tuscan Dune and Perforated Firecracker color combination applied to the interior seating makes for a truly plush party environment.

Price: $117,456 (as tested)

bennington24specs.jpg

Bennington 25 GSBA Certified Test Results

Boating Magazine

How We Tested
Engine:
Yamaha F350 V-8 four-stroke
Drive/Prop: Outboard/Yamaha Saltwater Series XL 16.25" x 15"
Gear Ratio: 1.73:1
Fuel Load: 26 gal.
Crew Weight: 375 lb.

More Information
Bennington Pontoons - Elkhart, Indiana; 888-906-2628; benningtonmarine.com

Tags:

Last edited:
Pittsburgh.....Like you I have used 303 on my interior. But the last few years I have used this product. Does a fantastic job.......IMG_20180523_183636210.jpg

Cool lookin' boat. I LOVE my 350. It runs fantastic and I get lots of looks and questions. I've hit over 50 with mine with over 3/4 fuel, both bimini's up and 4 onboard. Proper trim and water conditions help a lot. For general cleaning, I like the Boat Candy Vinyl Cleaner. Of course, that's after an application of 303 Protectant.

With Benny all cleaned up, I just need to find the time to enjoy him this summer.
Whoever said with retirement comes a surplus of time ..... wish I could agree :)
Unfortunately The Memorial Day Weekend in this part of the country will have significant rain.
If Mother Nature is reading this, we have had plenty of rain allow our friends in the west to enjoy some.

33464591_1936258516664790_742368278021668864_o.jpg

Back