Cleaning under a tri-toon

Jack M

Reaction score
Went out to the sand bar today with the intent to wipe down the toons .

Anyone else have a hard time getting under ?

I have an SPS ,cant imagine how it would be to get under an ESP .

I finally had to move it to deeper water .

On the plus side I did gain 2 mph ,got it up to 36 

I only have two toons and I just usually sit my butt on a lawn chair and look at the toons.  On the minus side I put on 2 lbs, up to 200

Mask and snorkel once a month...we have very clean water, but it has been warm. ....no loss of speed at all this year

I only have two toons and I just usually sit my butt on a lawn chair and look at the toons.  On the minus side I put on 2 lbs, up to 200
I was 256 lbs. before I retired............I've been in the 214/215 range since. Just can't lose that last 15 lbs. to get to 200 Link..........
We trailer our boat so I just wipe down the toons at the end of the day............

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to squeeze in there just the other day in 3 feet of water.  It was a bit tight with my SPS but still do-able.  I tried it before it deeper water while wearing a PFD but found it hard to get much real scrubbing in.  The results are worth the cleaning though -- 4 - 5 mph increase in top speed due to all the gunk in the Potomac.  I wish I had a lift on my slip!

http://gailforcewatersports.com

this is the best thing I have found for floating in the water or cleaning around your boat, lots better than a life vest. you can find them between $37-$39. what's better is it will stand up behind the captains chair out of the way. you sit on it like a saddle

I was 256 lbs. before I retired............I've been in the 214/215 range since. Just can't lose that last 15 lbs. to get to 200 Link..........

We trailer our boat so I just wipe down the toons at the end of the day............
I dont have a trailer ,but just out of curiosity ( for future reference )  .Is the middle toon reachable while on a trailer ?

Would it be on a lift ?

How do you get to power wash it ?

Or even reapply the SharkHide ?

Too many questions .

On a trailer I lay on my back in the driveway (cement) to clean the inside logs and the center. On my lift it is difficult.

That sounds like a pain . Looks like I will be doing mine the sand bar .

I dont have a trailer ,but just out of curiosity ( for future reference )  .Is the middle toon reachable while on a trailer ?

Would it be on a lift ?

How do you get to power wash it ?

Or even reapply the SharkHide ?

Too many questions .
Yes the middle toon is reachable on the trailer. But I am getting too old to get under there and duck walk. I have a long brush that I used to wash my conversion van with. I wrap a towel around the end and wipe it from the front and back. Just the waterline is sufficient.

It's never been dirty enough for powerwashing. At the end of the season I will have my marina acid wash the toons. They have a lift that picks the whole boat off the trailer and it is literally suspended in the air and they go to it. When it was done 3 years ago they kept it on the lift for an extra day for me and I applied the Sharkhide to all 3 toons. Hopefully I can do it this way again but if not I might not apply the Sharkhide to see what happens. I'll be in the fresh water of Lake Norman next year and I'll most likely be trailering until I find a spot to keep it........

http://gailforcewatersports.com

this is the best thing I have found for floating in the water or cleaning around your boat, lots better than a life vest. you can find them between $37-$39. what's better is it will stand up behind the captains chair out of the way. you sit on it like a saddle
Bamakat.......... that looks like a nice product but do you know what we have been using for years to float around on?!? Those inexpensive USGC approved "Throw pillows". We sit on them and float for hours! I weigh in at about 215 now and they easily hold me up. We've caught them on sale or on clearance over the years at Walmart anywhere from $5 to $10. We have 8 onboard in various colors............although a bit faded we still have a couple pillows from my old bowrider so they are anywhere from 8 to 10 yrs. old............

We have always floated on throw cushions.  The new cushions are 3 layers of thin foam and they don't work as well as the old 1 piece foam cushions, which we have 1 left.  I googled the old brand of cushion and saw the closed US factory where they used to be made. 

Back