Cleaning Vinyl Deck

glwhite

Reaction score
This is my first post - please forgive me if I violate one of the customs of this forum.   :rolleyes:

We have a 2013 22' SFFX with the vinyl decking.  Has anyone tried using a steamer (like the Shark) to clean the deck?  I was leery of trying it since I didn't want to damage the surface or possible unglue the vinyl.  We just cleaned today using Awesome (from the $ store) and a soft brush, but it does seem like the steamer would make things easier.

Thanks for the consideration.

Never heard of it being done, but, I doubt it gets much hotter than the sun beating Down on it for long periods of time.

I just use boatwash and a shurhold medium bristle deck brush...had my teenage girls use it last time and it worked fine.  Then I had them use an electric leaf blower to blow the excess water off, wash the seats with soapy water rinse and wipe it all down...I did the bottom half and I think we were done in 45 min...not too bad.  With regular washing, I am sure you will have no trouble keeping the vinyl clean.

Thanks for the input.  I spent a couple hours cleaning with a brush, and it looks pretty good. So hopefully I can keep up so it's not such a major operation next time!  If it gets too bad, I'll try the steamer in an inconspicuous spot. 

My wife is gone today with her Sister, so this is a good time for me to do some things around the house.  (No one to tell me that I am doing them wrong, or asking why I am doing this).

Quite a few twigs and leaves in the boat and the leaves have slightly stained the floor.  Using a power sprayer, but not getting too close to the floor, and it really isn't doing anything.

Since the boat is in the water at the dock, not sure what I should try to use on it, or just wait until we take it out of the water.  I really don't want to wait and have the floor get worse.

Just taking a break, as the power sprayer ran out of fuel, as I switched over to pressure washing my dock.  I may get ambitious and use some Rustoleim Renew product, as the dock is about 20 years old.

I use simple green and a little soft bristle scrub brush on our vinyl portion (SG is bio degradable). Works great.

Back