Regina

Reaction score
Recommendations on what to use for cleaning and protecting Bennington seats? Is there a recommendation by Bennington for approved cleaners and if approved cleaners/protectant are not used the warrant is void?

What year ? If it's Simtex you can do a search in the upper right corner .

the year is 2023. I am not sure what Simtex is? Is that a new material being used instead of vinyl?
Simtex is a higher end marine vinyl, and very different from older traditional marine vinyl. It’s been put on Bennington’s since the 2016-17 model year with higher end models, and filtered down through the lineup in the 2017-2019 model years. Great material! It is certainly what you have on your 2023. Read over the cleaning instructions Jack shared with you above. Using non-approved techniques and cleaners can void the warranty coverage on the furniture/Simtex, so certainly best to stick with them. With my 2017, the normal Dawn dish soap cleaning recommendation has kept ours looking great now for 8 years, and we have not yet needed to try some of the other techniques for more advanced stains. That said, we also have somewhat strict rules on certain things not allowed on the boat that could stain, so that has gone a long way for us as well.

Finally, here is the link to Bennington’s Simtex cleaning video:

Cleaning Simtex

Simtex is a higher end marine vinyl, and very different from older traditional marine vinyl. It’s been put on Bennington’s since the 2016-17 model year with higher end models, and filtered down through the lineup in the 2017-2019 model years. Great material! It is certainly what you have on your 2023. Read over the cleaning instructions Jack shared with you above. Using non-approved techniques and cleaners can void the warranty coverage on the furniture/Simtex, so certainly best to stick with them. With my 2017, the normal Dawn dish soap cleaning recommendation has kept ours looking great now for 8 years, and we have not yet needed to try some of the other techniques for more advanced stains. That said, we also have somewhat strict rules on certain things not allowed on the boat that could stain, so that has gone a long way for us as well.

Finally, here is the link to Bennington’s Simtex cleaning video:

Cleaning Simtex
All of this information has been so helpful. I greatly appreciate everyone's response. So far I have only used Dawn dish soap and water. I also have strict rules. Do we no longer need to worry about applying a UV protectant? On my 2015 Bennington I used 3M all in one cleaner, conditioner, and uv protectant. My seats looked like new when I sold it in 2020.

Back