Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

Coffe table / cooler from Bennington

Discussion in 'Technical Stuff' started by keithkz, May 27, 2013.

1. keithkz

keithkz Well-Known Member

My boat came with that big portable coffee table/cooler. It looks beautiful but I cannot believe Bennington didn't put a water drain spout on it to drain the melted ice. Thus, I almost never even have it on my boat, instead using my own cooler. Has anyone ever created a drain spout on this? I'd sure like to do that for mine. Any ideas?

Keith

clilaonedia likes this.
  2. SEMPERFI8387

SEMPERFI8387 Moderator

Maybe see if you can find a cheap cooler that has a removable spout that you could swap into yours ???

3. TomS

TomS Well-Known Member

I also have that coffee table and it came with a soft side cooler inserted into it. I noticed no drains too and I decided maybe they intend for you to use that soft cooler rather than just dump ice and everything into the plastic compartment itself.

4. cwag911

cwag911 Moderator

Or you could freeze a bunch of water bottles or rinced milk jugs filled with water. It'll keep your stuff cold and no mess or having to empty the cooler.

5. keithkz

Is that soft side cooler nice that comes with it? How much do they want for it? Is it big? Meaning, is it almost the same size of the inside of the main cooler?

6. TomS

TomS Well-Known Member

It is nothing fancy nor very big and it fits loosely in there. That's why I was thinking the same thing you were about drilling the drain hole or just putting a hard cooler under the helm and not even use the one in the table. It's pouring down rain today, otherwise I'd be glad to take a picture for you.

7. Jim_R

Jim_R Well-Known Member

I have the coffee table too, the large one with four cupholders, and mine came with a full sized cooler - but the cooler is one of the white Igloo Marine coolers that does not have a drain spout. Assuming you had a cooler that did have a drain spout, it would be relatively easy to find pvc tubing with an ID that would fit over the spout and drill a hole in the deck for the tubing to go through. The only thing is that the coffee table can be moved, or even removed. Holes in the deck, not so much. Perhaps a small deck plate would be the way to go here, so if you had a reason to run sans coffee table, it would not look to bad, or be a trip hazard.

An alternative might be a to use 'SuperSiphon'. Drains 5 gallons in just a few minutes.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
  8. keithkz

I didn't think about the SuperSiphon......I just bought one to use for fill my boat with gas cans this year....I suppose I could buy another one to keep on the boat for the cooler. Thanks for the idea.

9. Team Bennington

Team Bennington Administrator Staff Member

Coffee tables and refreshment tables are portable. The idea is that the interior cooler can be lifted in and out of the boat to be filled/emptied, and the table can move around the boat! We contacted various cooler vendors about a hard side cooler with drain, but apparently our volume is not large enough for a custom cooler from a company like Igloo! TB

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
  10. SEMPERFI8387

SEMPERFI8387 Moderator

They'll be sorry someday, time to contact Coleman !!!!!!

11. keithkz

There isn't a removable inner of the coffee table is there???

12. Team Bennington

Team Bennington Administrator Staff Member

Coffee tables and refreshment tables include a portable interior cooler from Bennington. The tables are not lined or insulated.

13. keithkz

Oh ok right. Yeah I remember someone saying that over the weekend.