Coffe table / cooler from Bennington

keithkz

Reaction score
My boat came with that big portable coffee table/cooler. It looks beautiful but I cannot believe Bennington didn't put a water drain spout on it to drain the melted ice. Thus, I almost never even have it on my boat, instead using my own cooler. Has anyone ever created a drain spout on this? I'd sure like to do that for mine. Any ideas?

Keith

Maybe see if you can find a cheap cooler that has a removable spout that you could swap into yours ???

I also have that coffee table and it came with a soft side cooler inserted into it. I noticed no drains too and I decided maybe they intend for you to use that soft cooler rather than just dump ice and everything into the plastic compartment itself.

Or you could freeze a bunch of water bottles or rinced milk jugs filled with water. It'll keep your stuff cold and no mess or having to empty the cooler.

Is that soft side cooler nice that comes with it? How much do they want for it? Is it big? Meaning, is it almost the same size of the inside of the main cooler?

Is that soft side cooler nice that comes with it? How much do they want for it? Is it big? Meaning, is it almost the same size of the inside of the main cooler?
It is nothing fancy nor very big and it fits loosely in there. That's why I was thinking the same thing you were about drilling the drain hole or just putting a hard cooler under the helm and not even use the one in the table. It's pouring down rain today, otherwise I'd be glad to take a picture for you.

I have the coffee table too, the large one with four cupholders, and mine came with a full sized cooler - but the cooler is one of the white Igloo Marine coolers that does not have a drain spout. Assuming you had a cooler that did have a drain spout, it would be relatively easy to find pvc tubing with an ID that would fit over the spout and drill a hole in the deck for the tubing to go through. The only thing is that the coffee table can be moved, or even removed. Holes in the deck, not so much. Perhaps a small deck plate would be the way to go here, so if you had a reason to run sans coffee table, it would not look to bad, or be a trip hazard.

An alternative might be a to use 'SuperSiphon'. Drains 5 gallons in just a few minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't think about the SuperSiphon......I just bought one to use for fill my boat with gas cans this year....I suppose I could buy another one to keep on the boat for the cooler. Thanks for the idea.

Coffee tables and refreshment tables are portable. The idea is that the interior cooler can be lifted in and out of the boat to be filled/emptied, and the table can move around the boat! We contacted various cooler vendors about a hard side cooler with drain, but apparently our volume is not large enough for a custom cooler from a company like Igloo! TB

Last edited:
Coffee tables and refreshment tables are portable. The idea is that the interior cooler can be lifted in and out of the boat to be filled/emptied, and the table can move around the boat! We contacted various cooler vendors about a hard side cooler with drain, but apparently our volume is not large enough for a custom cooler from a company like Igloo! TB
They'll be sorry someday, time to contact Coleman !!!!!!

There isn't a removable inner of the coffee table is there???

Coffee tables and refreshment tables include a portable interior cooler from Bennington. The tables are not lined or insulated.

Oh ok right. Yeah I remember someone saying that over the weekend.

Back