Compartments and water

bwsdj

Reaction score
I have searched the forum and found various posts regarding water in the compartments. Wanted to know if there should be some type of drain hole in the very bottom of the compartments?  I see the ones around the opening at the top but have not noticed any in the bottoms of mine. We took boat out this past weekend for first time with family and after housing boat and seats off noticed a lot of pooling water in the bottoms of seat bases. I get that water is going to get in, just want to know if there are supposed to be drains in the bottoms?  Don't want to have a portable pool in the seat bases LOL

Thanks Brad 

There should be drain holes.

I have searched the forum and found various posts regarding water in the compartments. Wanted to know if there should be some type of drain hole in the very bottom of the compartments? I see the ones around the opening at the top but have not noticed any in the bottoms of mine. We took boat out this past weekend for first time with family and after housing boat and seats off noticed a lot of pooling water in the bottoms of seat bases. I get that water is going to get in, just want to know if there are supposed to be drains in the bottoms? Don't want to have a portable pool in the seat bases LOL

Thanks Brad

I noticed the same thing after cleaning and washing mine. I'll look at it closer but, all I saw we're on the sides near the bottom.

One way to proactively keep water out would be to go to the holes that you see around the top of the compartments. Put some type of caulking/sealant around the holes and between the two layers of the compartment, then screw/bolt the layers together. I did that on my first Benny, but haven't done it yet on the current one. The water gets between those and then into the storage compartments.

I drilled a 1/2" hole in each of my seat bases to drain water. I did it at what I think will be the lowest spot while floating (boat was on trailer when I did it) and I angled the holes towards the rear to minimize water coming from spray while underway. Take a good look for what you might drill into (wires, cross members, etc.) before drilling.

Back