Considering Upgrading - 2375 RCW

fastmnstealth

Reaction score
I currently have a 2009 2275GSi with a F115.  It has been a great boat, but recently has been leaving me with wanting more.

I made the mistake of stopping by the dealer.  I was interested in looking at the 2275 GCWs, but a 2375 RCW caught my eye.

It had an interesting floor plan that I hadn't seen on bennington's website.  This one had the "Port Table Group Seating" configuration.  It also had the Co-Captain Lounge with footrest.  Very nice boat.  In my head though, I had invisioned wrap around furnature with two lounges up front and two in the back.  I had not considered the "group seating" option.

It was very loaded up.  ESP, center fuel and storage.  Raised help, sea grass aft, lighting package, etc etc...

Two concerns:

1st is the floor plan - Group Seating vs wrap around.  Since I'm looking through rose-colored glasses now (new shiny boat :p ), what should I be considering with this floor plan? (negatives?)

2nd is the engine - It is pre rigged with an F200 I4.  This is a pretty heavy boat.  It doesn't seen like the 200 would be enough.  I'd really like the 250 3.3 V6 (mechanical controls).  They could rig with 250, but they are motivated to sell this one with the 200.  I've been doing a bunch of digging and haven't found this exact config for speed comparison.  I'd expect around 40mph?   Would a 250 get me upper 40s?

This is essentially the same boat, but the one I'm looking at has ESP with center fuel and storage.  Floor Plan and Options are very close to what I'm looking at.

http://www.millermarine.net/new_galleria.asp?veh=376419&pov=3641876

Thanks,

Mark

Here are the pictures of the "group seating" that I can't find in the 2375 RCW on Bennington's website and the Co-Captain Lounge

vp3641876_6_large.jpg

vp3641876_8_large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2575 RCWCP with the same layout. You won't be dissapointed. As long as you have center fuel and in floor storage you're good. Port table group and co-captain forward lounge do not have storage underneath (we found out the hard way). I'd push for the 250. I really wanted the 300 but ended up with the 250. Don't let the dealer push you into anything like mine did.

I have a 2575 RCWCP with the same layout. You won't be dissapointed. As long as you have center fuel and in floor storage you're good. Port table group and co-captain forward lounge do not have storage underneath (we found out the hard way). I'd push for the 250. I really wanted the 300 but ended up with the 250. Don't let the dealer push you into anything like mine did.
Ahh, yes...the reduction in storage by going with the lounge and group seating is something to consider.  In-floor certainly helps with that though.  When I was looking at the in-floor storage, there didn't seem to be a method of keeping rain water from soaking goodies you are storing (assuming you get caught in a storm or didn't have PP cover on.  In my current configuration, stuff rarely gets wet with rain in the underseat storage.  I know there is a raised floor, but wouldn't water just run on top of the stowed items as it runs into the hatch? 

I second the 250. I have a 2350 rbr with a 225 vmax sho and only topped out at 41. I regret not going with the 250.

I'm definitely going with the 250 if I do this.  I'm seeing what can be worked out with the dealer now.  I'm surprised with the premium that they get for the v6 over the I4.  Over 5K msrp to go from 200 to 250. 

Less room for butts in seats and less room to "lounge" while cruising. Along with less storage. If I did not have those areas to store things, I'd be digging stuff out of the center toon all day. No thank you. Now, if you are a casual cruiser that does not have tubes, life jackets, towels, bumpers and anchors to store. I'd say go for it. That's just my opinion... I could be wrong. ;) it's a sweet boat just not user freindly for my type of boating. In that amount of space I have four kids, two bumpers, 7 towels, 2 blankets, 6 life jackets, and a boat hook.

You're not losing any seating as the starboard bench is longer. Just make sure you have in floor storage which in my opinion is better so you're not bothering passengers to move to get into storage under the seats. Now, I also live on the lake and don't need to carry everything with me. If you're at a marina, you may want the additional storage of benches on both sides.

If you want to make sure your not disappointed you can go with the 300 hp I/O.. I had a 2013 2375RCW with a Yamaha 150 and it did about 35-37. My 2014 2475 I/O does 48-50mph.

The key to the in-floor storage is keep the ropes, bumpers, towels, etc., in plastic storage bins. Keeps things dry and organized.

Great info everyone!  I think I'm going to pass on this boat and just order one the way I want.  I have a pretty good relationship with this dealer and I'm confident that we'll be able to work out a good deal.

My dealer mentioned the GSR or RSR as well.  I had not considered that configuration.  I wish I would not have seen the R series.  Significantly nicer finishing.  Now I can't keep my eye off it.

I'm definely going to get the 250.  Since I'm ordering, I may go with the 4.2L.  I can't swing the I/O...seems to be a $35+ K option!  wow!

We have a cabin on a lake, so that helps a lot.  Will trailer occassionally.  One issue I have is storage of a tritoon though.  My 2275GSi that I have not is a twin and I can use my scissor trailer to set it on the ground in the garage.  No so with a tritoon, so I'll have to find other winter storage for it (Minnesota).

Mark

I bought the exact same toon from miller that you are looking at. same color, same seating.in fact that pic you posted was the show boat at the convention center. we went to buy a 2275 rcw and seen that one and ended up ordering one because that one had a sold sign on it. in my mind the seating arrangement is the best options out there. we special ordered ours with full seagrass. I have a fast boat that my wife hates so we bought a toon to relax on so we got it with a 90. goes 20 with 8 people or 23 with 1 person. what lake are you on? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back