Cooler Table Question

BAK

Reaction score
I have a 2275 RCW and it did not come with a ottoman or cooler table.  I am considering buying the one from Bennington that has the granite top and the drink holders down low on one end.  Some of the pictures that I have seen on line show a very shallow compartment with a slanted floor which looks like there is very little room for storage.  They want ridiculous money for it and I am willing to spend the $$ as long as I can use it as a cooler.  Can anyone help and let me know if it is indeed a cooler table.  Thanks for your help and Happy Holidays !!  Brian

Do you mean this one?

I just put one of the 12 or 18 pack AO Coolers inside mine. I think it came with one of the cheap vinyl coolers from the factory. Mostly it sits in storage and we just take an AO with us, but we live on a small lake where you don't need a lot of cooler capacity. Also, it slides all over the boat unless you put some sort of anti-skid feet on it.

In retrospect I wouldn't have dropped that much money on it, but my wife insisted at the time. After 3 seasons, she's agrees with me on it now.

Do you mean this one?

I just put one of the 12 or 18 pack AO Coolers inside mine. I think it came with one of the cheap vinyl coolers from the factory. Mostly it sits in storage and we just take an AO with us, but we live on a small lake where you don't need a lot of cooler capacity. Also, it slides all over the boat unless you put some sort of anti-skid feet on it.

In retrospect I wouldn't have dropped that much money on it, but my wife insisted at the time. After 3 seasons, she's agrees with me on it now.
Tom,

Thanks for the reply, take a look at the 1st picture it appears there is a floor in it ?  It does come with a soft sided cooler which really has me confused ?

Want to sell yours ?

Brian

• s-l64.jpg

• s-l64.jpg

• s-l64.jpg

• s-l64.jpg

• s-l64.jpg

• s-l64.jpg

That cooler table looks about the same size s the wife's ottoman cooler (footstool).  I'm guessing that you could put a softside cooler inside the ottoman or you can use it as is since it's designed as a cooler with a plastic tub (liner) inside.  We use ours as a storage area for sunscreen and a couple of beach towels and of course as a footstool for the wife in the co-captain seat.  We also have a built in cooler in the starboard bow seat that has never been used as a cooler either......works as an anchor locker just fine.

Tom,

Thanks for the reply, take a look at the 1st picture it appears there is a floor in it ?  It does come with a soft sided cooler which really has me confused ?

Want to sell yours ?

Brian
Yes, it is totally enclosed (poly like the seat frame material), but I recall it being insulated. Unfortunately mine's in storage or I'd check it for you. My boat came with 2 soft sided coolers and I'm pretty sure one of them was for that table.

Sorry, no, I'll just keep ours for the occasional use serving lunch to a bigger crew.

We did not get one but our friends did,Our feeling is we will use the money other places. Our friends feel the same way now, To each their own preference.

Best Christmas Regards

JR

I've got a coffee table with a rather low quality cooler.  It just gets in the way when walking around, and I seldom even put it in the boat. 

I'd rather not spend the $ on it

We had a coffee table that we bought from our neighbor at the lake......it got in the way more than we used it.  We sold it to friends that love it.  It fits a little better on their boat as they have more of an open floor plan verses our center walk through.

Our boat came with the coffee table.  It looks really nice but it is useless.  We bring a cooler to the boat and just park the cooler on the floor.  If you put anything on the table you can't access the storage without clearing the stuff off the table.  The extra cup holders only came to play if you have lots of people on the boat but then it gets in the way of people moving around the boat.  IMHO - Save the money.

We leave the standard table stowed.

We prefer the coffee table.

The built in cupholders are far more functional than those in the table & the empties stay put inside until we get home.

Back