Couple questions - ski pylon - bow filler seat

bankerii

Reaction score
Greetings All. New Bennington owner here and hoping you can help me with a couple questions.

1. I have the bow filler seat option. I was under the impression that the bow filler seat was designed to fit in either the bow position or could fill the space on the port side bench where the door is on the 2275. The seat fits fine in the bow, but is about 1/4 inch too wide to fit on the side. Is my furniture mounted too close or is this seat not designed to fit the side?

2. My boat came with the shorter ski pylon. I have a 250 on the back, and while rope just barley clears the motor with the shorter pylon, it would be much better with the taller pylon. Is there any reason I cannot swap these out if I purchase the taller pylon? Anybody know what the msp is on this pylon?

Thanks in advance

My bow gate seat fits perfectly in the front and there is actually about 2 inches of clearance total when in the port side gate opening.

As far as the ski pylon, the taller one is for a 25 inch transom where the engine sits higher than a 20 inch transom. If you had a 25 inch transom the taller pylon will have the same clearance over the engine.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the taller pylon is made for boats with motors larger than the 250, I don't believe the transom height was mentioned since you would only order the 20" transom if you had a motor requiring it. I could be wrong, but I'm sure the boat builder section says about it being for 350's.

Derrick

I have a 250 Yamaha sho, so I have the 20" transom. The shorter pylon does clear the motor, but it would be more functional and get hung up less if it were taller. It would also tow a tube better as the rope gets buried in the wake on turns.

So if I order the taller pylon, is it plug and play, would any additional bracing be required?

I have a 250 Yamaha sho, so I have the 20" transom. The shorter pylon does clear the motor, but it would be more functional and get hung up less if it were taller. It would also tow a tube better as the rope gets buried in the wake on turns.

So if I order the taller pylon, is it plug and play, would any additional bracing be required?
Nope, don't think so, I couldn't see them making the bases different since then each boat would have to be manufactured differently depending on motor size and pylon height.

Derrick

Actually, I'm pretty sure the taller pylon is made for boats with motors larger than the 250, I don't believe the transom height was mentioned since you would only order the 20" transom if you had a motor requiring it. I could be wrong, but I'm sure the boat builder section says about it being for 350's.

Derrick
I think I read something like this so you are most likely correct. My mistake.

I have the 200 SHO, and ordered the taller pylon just for the clearance. It's worth the extra few bucks to get the rope higher out of the water, regardless of your transom. It should be the only option, in my opinion.

Greetings All. New Bennington owner here and hoping you can help me with a couple questions.

1. I have the bow filler seat option. I was under the impression that the bow filler seat was designed to fit in either the bow position or could fill the space on the port side bench where the door is on the 2275. The seat fits fine in the bow, but is about 1/4 inch too wide to fit on the side. Is my furniture mounted too close or is this seat not designed to fit the side?

2. My boat came with the shorter ski pylon. I have a 250 on the back, and while rope just barley clears the motor with the shorter pylon, it would be much better with the taller pylon. Is there any reason I cannot swap these out if I purchase the taller pylon? Anybody know what the msp is on this pylon?

Thanks in advance
I have a '05 2275RL and my bow gate seat fits nicely up front and the side it has about 1/2" clearance on each side. It sounds to me that the furniture is mounted too close to allow for a good fit....just a thought.

Update- I swapped my ski pylon for the taller one. Thank You Benninington stepping up to the plate and exceeding my expectations.

Tested it out yesterday and the taller pylon is definitely the way to go.

Back