Couple Questions: What’s This?

AuthorizedUser

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me why there are so many wires, hoses, and tubes that are part of the fuel fill in my 20 foot SLG? I understand that it must be some sort of mechanism for fuel shut off like a car, but was unsure of what all the stuff was. Hopefully, I won’t experience what so many others have with regards to not being able to fill up the tank because the pump continues to shut off. Also, in the motor pod, what is this black rubber box? I’m assuming it is the fuel tank, but I don’t think I’ve seen rubber here on other boats. Thanks for indulging me on a snowy day.

Attachments

• 8215FB7D-2622-4E35-8C38-C99F93B29035.jpeg
    8215FB7D-2622-4E35-8C38-C99F93B29035.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 78
  • A3889246-457C-41A9-B314-2004C457874D.jpeg
    A3889246-457C-41A9-B314-2004C457874D.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 79
All of that seems excessive, I can only guess that the federal government had some input into this, I still can't get over what they have done to fuel cans

Rather than rehash a topic, use the search box and the keywords "Enviro fill" to read all the previous discussions.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 11.21.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 11.21.37 AM.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 22
Looks like fill, vent, vapor and ground.

Rather than rehash a topic, use the search box and the keywords "Enviro fill" to read all the previous discussions.
That is why I asked the question. I had no idea what it was called. I had no way of searching for Enviro fill without asking my question first. Thank you.

That is why I asked the question. I had no idea what it was called. I had no way of searching for Enviro fill without asking my question first. Thank you.
A manual came with my boat specifically for it.

And I will be sure to read the manual thoroughly once I receive it. The boat came in, I was able to take some pictures at the marina, then it was shrink-wrapped and sent away... manual and all. This forum has become a great source of information; however in the future, I will limit my questions as I do not wish to rehash old topics and upset my fellow Bennington owners.

And I will be sure to read the manual thoroughly once I receive it. The boat came in, I was able to take some pictures at the marina, then it was shrink-wrapped and sent away... manual and all. This forum has become a great source of information; however in the future, I will limit my questions as I do not wish to rehash old topics and upset my fellow Bennington owners.
No harm, no foul. There has just been a lot of great discussion here over nearly 10 years and I hate to see it buried and forgotten. The search function here isn't perfect, but with the right keywords, it uncovers much.

Enjoy your new boat, funky fuel filler and all! PS: I've never had a problem with mine, but I guess I am just lucky.

It seems to be a quirky issue - some have problems, others do not. In reading all the the threads related to it over the years, I am still at a loss. I imagine it has to be related to some common threads between fuel system layouts/boat layouts.

For us, we have never had the dreaded refueling problem. Ours has always just filled up normally like filling up your car. I hope yours does the same.

I drive a truck with a service body and some gas pumps fill it with no issue and others keep overflowing and cutting off, I wonder if the pump plays a role

I drive a truck with a service body and some gas pumps fill it with no issue and others keep overflowing and cutting off, I wonder if the pump plays a role
I’m one with that has the issue. Gas station pump, marine pump, me filling from gas can and hoses. Same result. I‘ve found the funnel has to be at the right angle in order to fill without overflow/cutoff. It‘s frustrating but at least I found an angle. Now that’s funny!!

So I tried every piece of foul language I know, and may have broken a thing or two...did not help. I did not fool with anything as I’m afraid of warranty issues. But once that is over, we will likely have a re-do. Actually looking forward to that day.

Back