Cover Problems

mkbarrett2

Reaction score
I purchased by 25' 2575 RLX used. It came with a snap on playpen cover. The back area where the cover comes down to the step area was not covering the carpet very well, so I opted to purchase a full canvas cover that fit over the entire boat around the floor edge. Since the boat it a 25' with a 12' bimini top, I bought a cover that fits a 25' - 28' boat. My problem is that the cover is a little loose in areas, and the rain water is just pooling on it. In the back area where the Bimini top is under the cover, it forms a huge bathtub where the water just weights down, soaks the cover and evenutally drips through soaking the carpet. I have used my four poles from the playpen cover to help "tent" the cover, but it is not enough. they are not holding it up enough to keep the water "rolling off". Does anybody out there have any ideas on a support system that I can put under the cover to "tent it up" so the rain water can just roll off the cover?

PLEASE HELP, I'm open to any ideas????

Thanks,

mkbarrett2

I just replied to your other post before I saw this. I would think your first course of action would be to go to a Bennington dealer and see if he can order you the proper Bennington cover. I had asked TB in another post how far back dealers could order original playpen covers but got no response. I plan on having my 2012 for quite some time and knowing the mooring cover will not outlast the boat I would consider purchasing a backup cover and storing it until needed.

TB any input on this

I just replied to your other post before I saw this. I would think your first course of action would be to go to a Bennington dealer and see if he can order you the proper Bennington cover. I had asked TB in another post how far back dealers could order original playpen covers but got no response. I plan on having my 2012 for quite some time and knowing the mooring cover will not outlast the boat I would consider purchasing a backup cover and storing it until needed.

TB any input on this
I thought about that, but the Playpen cover that allows water in, is the original that came with the boat. I guess I lost faith in the "Original covers", since this one failed. Plus I figured it would be very expensive, that is why I tried the one from Amazon first???

My original cover has a 1" wide strap that goes from the sundeck area of the cover up over the bimini frame, and back down to the cover on the other side of the sundeck. It has a quick lock fastener, and serves to "tent" the area over the sundeck. Maybe you could try to attach something like this.

There are some O. E. Bennington covers for sale on e-bay, just search Bennington pontoon.

I don't recall the years, but may be the ticket for some of you. :) :)

I thought about that, but the Playpen cover that allows water in, is the original that came with the boat. I guess I lost faith in the "Original covers", since this one failed. Plus I figured it would be very expensive, that is why I tried the one from Amazon first???
I have seen others with problems with the factory covers but I have not had any. Yes I do have the lip on mine. My Benny is a 2012RL, I would ask your Bennington Dealer if the one he orders has the lip on it, if it does I would bet on the factory cover vs aftermarket

We have a 2013 Bennington QCW tritoon. The cover vent caps seem to be popping up when we put the poles in and one came apart and fell in the water. Anyone else have this problem? A couple of our caps appear to be missing a piece as they were assembled with 3 pieces instead of 4. Stopped by the dealer on our last trip to the lake and they were going to pull one off one of the covers they had on boats on their showroom. These caps had screws that ours don't. Perhaps a new design? Dealer couldn't get it off so is ordering me one. It will be interesting to see what the new assembly is like.

I noticed yesterday that mine this year also has screws .

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, I check/tighten my caps every so often.

Back