Cover Rear of Boat and Motor in Wet Slip

joeldp144

Reaction score
I am a proud new Bennington Owner (new to me).....2011 24' SLi, and I have tons of questions.  

I am keeping her in a covered wet slip year round.  I am a little concerned about the rear of the boat being even or slightly past the roof line, and I expect some rain and sun to hit the back side at times.  Is this an issue to worry about?  Has anyone come up with a way to protect the rear?  

I can't be too cautious and would pay a decent amount to maintain the current condition which is excellent!

Thanks! 

Joelpd, do you have a mooring cover?  If not I would invest in one, you can check with a local Bennington dealer or have a local canvas shop make one for you.  Many on here have purchased covers for the outboard motors although personally I have not and my 2012 Yamaha engine looks fine

My boat sits on a lift in a covered slip but the rear hangs out by about 2 ft. I always keep the mooring cover on and had a canvas guy  attach with a zipper additional sunbrella canvas. It snaps at the back of the boat and covers the ladder and entire rear deck.We also bought a cover for the 250 Yamaha. All in all we are really pleased with the protection. Enjoy your new boat!

Back