Covers

G

Geewest

Just thinking ahead, Looks like my boat is not going to be in doors this winter, I was looking for a cover that would go over the top of my Factory cover, I would remove the biminis and have a cover that went all the way down over the toon's. Has anyone seen somthing like this?

Thanks

Last couple seasons with a prior pontoon I rigged a cover like the one you describe. I created a support frame using 6' 2x4s as the legs of a giant saw horse, and a 16' 2x6 as the top, I then used a large tarp as the cover, securing the sides with tent poles and gathering in the corners with tarp grommets. Worked well in two seasons of Wisconsin Winters. The one issue I had was with a tree limb that fell onto the tarp creating a good rip. Fortunately this was in the late spring just before it was time to launch anyway. If this sounds like what you are looking for I'll dig for a pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last couple seasons with a prior pontoon I rigged a cover like the one you describe. I created a support frame using 6' 2x4s as the legs of a giant saw horse, and a 16' 2x6 as the top, I then used a large tarp as the cover, securing the sides with tent poles and gathering in the corners with tarp grommets. Worked well in two seasons of Wisconsin Winters. The one issue I had was with a tree limb that fell onto the tarp creating a good rip. Fortunately this was in the late spring just before it was time to launch anyway. If this sounds like what you are looking for I'll dig for a pic.
Jim,

I am looking for any ideas to "Support under my cover". I put a new cover on my 25' toon and now the back area under the Bimini is forming a bathrub on every heavy rain. Your above post is interesting to me. Do you have any pictues you can email me? mkbarrett2@msn.com.

Thanks,

Mkbarrett2

mkbarret, There is a strap that came up with your cover that is designed to prevent the pooling of water there. It goes on the back of the playpen cover. It clips on one side goes over the bimini and then back down and clips onnthe other side. I was unaware of it as well and one of the members posted a pix of it to show. Search the threds and you should find it

I have the strap at the back as well but have better results by using the back two fishing chairs to provide the lift. The strap going over the bimini is too far forward to effectively lift up on the cover. It does more forward pulling then it does lift

mkbarret, There is a strap that came up with your cover that is designed to prevent the pooling of water there. It goes on the back of the playpen cover. It clips on one side goes over the bimini and then back down and clips onnthe other side. I was unaware of it as well and one of the members posted a pix of it to show. Search the threds and you should find it
I believe he has an older toon that doesn't have the strap. Our 2007 has 4 poles and the one in the rear has a bend in it to go over the sundeck/changing room to keep the cover up.

I purchased a lighter weight cover ($109, eBay) to put over the existing playpen cover. You can use it standalone as well if you wanted to. It sits well below the deck, and has a cinch strap. It also covers the swim deck and the open portion of the transom. All I needed in addition was an outboard cover. I plan on running a Drywave dehumidifier in it during the winter months, since this will be a nearly completely sealed system.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Dry-Wave-Air-Dryer&i=71503

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-25-26-27-28-Foot-PREMIUM-WATERPROOF-PONTOON-Boat-Cover-600-D-BEIGE-/310462062690?_trksid=p4340.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222001%26algo%3DSIC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D48%26meid%3D2534356652630605460%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1035%26rk%3D2%26sd%3D310432919557%26

I believe he has an older toon that doesn't have the strap. Our 2007 has 4 poles and the one in the rear has a bend in it to go over the sundeck/changing room to keep the cover up.
I don't think I have a strap. Mine is a 2002. Does anybody have a picture of this strap. Is it in that back corner where the water is coming in on the carpet where the steps come up?

mkbarrett2@msn.com

MK, what does your rear pole look like? I never had a water problem with our 2007 and the rear pole kept the water off of the cover.

I don't think I have a strap. Mine is a 2002. Does anybody have a picture of this strap. Is it in that back corner where the water is coming in on the carpet where the steps come up?

mkbarrett2@msn.com
I believe this is the pic you are looking for. I need to look at mine. I think I have this strap and had no idea what it is for.

Playpen-Cover-9659.jpg

AWK

Nice Boat AWK. Just got a 22sslx and didn't know what the strap was for (and yes I get a pool of water in the back). Thanks for the photo!! Where about in N. MI? We are on Nichols lake in Bitely, MI.

Thanks Again! BTW I am loving this boat!

Steve

I had a trailerable cover made, I had them go all the way down so it covers all panels. In the back they did two zippers for the door. I did not cover the deck on the bow or the stern, too much "flap". This fits snug all the way around, has Velcro for the Bimini supports and budgie straps (with balls) to wrap them tight so the do not leak, and they did a Velcro cover for the gas cap. I'll post picks next time I use it.

I had a custom cover made to completely cover my boat during witnter stroage (kept on a lift in a covered dock). It is water proof and fits under the rub rail all the way around the boat and is held in place via draw string/ropes on both sides. It was made at a local cavas shop (Aurora Canvas) who came out and measured to fit and then final fit in place. I am very happy with the product. I had the same company make one for my prior boat (Searay 240 Sundeck) and was very happy with it also. On both boats, the canvas shop recommended that I do not put it over the playpen cover because the friction caused by the 2 fabrics rubbing together in the wind would cause wear on both so I remove the playpen cover and then used the same poles to support the winter mooring cover. This spring I removed the winter cover and went back to the playpen cover for every day use (the winter cover is too heavy too use every day).

Jack

I would sure like to see pictures of the covers that everyone is using for trailering and the covers that fully cover the side panels. We are thinking of using the standard cover while trailering....Trying to convince my husband to get another made.

TomS

Thanks! That was fast!

The "STRAP" is to loop around the bimini top (when it is in towing position) when the boat is in storage and/or being towed. It has two clickable ends. Hook one end, then wrap it around the bimini, then click the other end. It adds tension to the top and help rain/moisture runoff.

Back