Cushion hitch, experience or thoughts?

scottkp

Reaction score
Looking for a new drop hitch to switch between two of my tow vehicles and came across a cushion hitch. Has anyone ever used this style of hitch? It is not much more than some the adjustable hitches out there and was hoping someone on the forum might have some insight!

Sorry, I can't help you with the one in your link, but somewhere around the farm I have the one in the link below. I used it for a number of years and it worked very well to reduce various types of shock and vibration between trailer and tow vehicle. My brother also used it for farm loads well beyond the rating with no issues. My guess is that it is so old now that pucks should be replaced... One thing for sure...the price sure has gone up!

http://store.schuckcushionhitches.com/model-340-hitch

Guess the point is: you may not NEED one, but you will definitely notice the difference when you have one.

Last edited:
I hadn't seen that brand before, but it looks interesting. I like the idea of it.

Some road surfaces setup vibrations that are very annoying. Cushioned hitches reduce or eliminate much of that.

Last edited:
I just ordered the 2" rockerball. The cushioned ball mount only goes down and my boat needs it up for level travel. The ball is interesting enough to try. If it lessens the sway it will be great.

I just ordered the 2" rockerball. The cushioned ball mount only goes down and my boat needs it up for level travel. The ball is interesting enough to try. If it lessens the sway it will be great.
Agree, just ordered one for our son and for us. Doubt it will have much effect on sway (that is best addressed otherwise), but towing comfort will be improved. Couldn't pass on the deal below:

The store I bought mine has the cushioned ball mount on his truck and says it works great. it lessens the pullback from joints in the highway.
That is a great price.

Back