Dash mounted breakers

Kelvin

Reaction score
Fellow Bennington Pontooners,

I was wiping down the console on my 2008 2575 QXi, and noticed one of my--what I'll call dash mounted breaker buttons was/is missing (see pic I took before it was missing)... Don't know if it popped out, fell out, or was vacuumed out... anyway, I want to replace it... Other than the initial/automatic/canned “contact your dealer” response, does anyone know where I can find a replacement? Just the black plastic button "cap" (the size of an aspirin) in the center of the breaker is missing... When I press on any/all six of these dash mounted breaker buttons, they seem loose, and don't feel like they are attached to anything... I assume they pop up if they are triggered, but I've never had to use them so far... ???

(looks like I'll have to put the pic in the gallery, due to a warning that I've used 460K of my 500K limit... doubt you could see the button in a teeny-weeny 40k pic... I'll reply with a link to the pick in the gallery as soon as I upload it...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fellow Bennington Pontooners,

I was wiping down the console on my 2008 2575 QXi, and noticed one of my--what I'll call dash mounted breaker buttons was/is missing (see pic I took before it was missing)... Don't know if it popped out, fell out, or was vacuumed out... anyway, I want to replace it... Other than the initial/automatic/canned “contact your dealer” response, does anyone know where I can find a replacement? Just the black plastic button "cap" (the size of an aspirin) in the center of the breaker is missing... When I press on any/all six of these dash mounted breaker buttons, they seem loose, and don't feel like they are attached to anything... I assume they pop up if they are triggered, but I've never had to use them so far... ???

(looks like I'll have to put the pic in the gallery, due to a warning that I've used 460K of my 500K limit... doubt you could see the button in a teeny-weeny 40k pic... I'll reply with a link to the pick in the gallery as soon as I upload it...)
Here's a link to the pic in the gallery: dash-mounted-breaker

Hey Kelvin, not to sound like a broken record, but your dealer really is your best choice, especially if it is still under warranty. Otherwise, do an internet search for marine circuit breakers, i bet you'll find a match for it out there ;)

Hey Kelvin, not to sound like a broken record, but your dealer really is your best choice, especially if it is still under warranty. Otherwise, do an internet search for marine circuit breakers, i bet you'll find a match for it out there ;)
Shame on you! (jk)... Trying to keep "my dealer" as my last resort.... because they tend to want to "just do it for me", for a million dollars, as opposed to providing me with the technical info, which might allow me to do it myself...

I did a search for "dash mounted breakers", and only found descriptions of features, as opposed to options for replacing... I'll try searching for the verbiage you suggested, and see what I find... Thanks!

Kelvin, go to iboats.com, search dc circuit breakers, they have several to choose from. BUT, to get the excact replacement breaker, well, you know what i'm gonna say :D Although, there are other Bennie dealers out there, call one up and see if they wouldn't send you one.

Kelvin, go to iboats.com, search dc circuit breakers, they have several to choose from. BUT, to get the excact replacement breaker, well, you know what i'm gonna say :D Although, there are other Bennie dealers out there, call one up and see if they wouldn't send you one.
Thats exactly what i was going to say, order it from your dealer and install it yourself, very simple to do and you wont be charged the $100 an hour your dealer wants.

I guess you guys are just gonna make me say it out loud... "My dealer(s) is/are not a productive/positive/primary resource..."; how's that for politically in-direct... :rolleyes: At least the two dealers I've dealt with so far... I bought the boat from one dealer, that's too far away for the automatic "bring it in and we'll check it out" reply, and the "closest" dealer, who didn't sell me the boat, so there's nothing in it for them, unless I pay them to do it "feeling"...

This is a short version of the type of conversation I've repeatedly enjoyed:

Me: "Dear Dealer, can you tell me the technical specs on the bimini lights in my boat?"

Dealer: "Why?"

Me: "My lights no longer work, and I'd like to fix/replace them."

Dealer: "Are they plugged in?"

Me: "Yes, thank you... could you tell me, or find out what kind of lights Bennington used? voltage, gauge, etc., etc., etc.?"

Dealer: "Bring the boat in..."

Me: "Thanks again, but I'd rather find out this info before I go any further..."

Dealer: "I'll get with Bennington and get back to you..." Week later: "That'll be $190.00".

Me: "Just to tell me what kind of lights I have?"

Dealer: "No, to replace them..."

Me: "I don't want you to replace them... yet... I would like to see if I can replace them myself..."

Dealer: "Don't know... Bennington just told me how much they would charge me, and then I added my cost..."

Me: "Ok, thanks... I'll get back with you..."

Now do that for several topics (trailer, the way things are attached, gauges, etc, etc, etc...) and you'll hopefully see it's not my first, second, third, (and so on) choice for fixing/replacing/improving things...

But I love my boat! :D

Kelvin, i'm feeling your pain now :( I'll stop telling you, well you know. Most of the stuff you need was not actually made by Bennington, they buy components just like auto manufacturers do. I think with some dillagence, most can be found from other sources. Look closely at your breaker, it should have some info on it as to the manufacturer and amp rating. Same with the lighting. I'll wait to see your pics, and perhaps have some ideas from there. I think you can count on you fellow forum members to help you get through this B)

Kelvin, i'm feeling your pain now :( I'll stop telling you, well you know. Most of the stuff you need was not actually made by Bennington, they buy components just like auto manufacturers do. I think with some dillagence, most can be found from other sources. Look closely at your breaker, it should have some info on it as to the manufacturer and amp rating. Same with the lighting. I'll wait to see your pics, and perhaps have some ideas from there. I think you can count on you fellow forum members to help you get through this B)
Yes, on the breaker, I'm going to get under the console, to try and find any identifying info! I bet I vacuumed the button out of the device when cleaning... The great news on the lighting, is I ended up finding out everything I needed, and replaced the lights myself! Even better than they were before! I shared that experience in another topic on this forum! Have already had a couple of people benefit from that experience! As you can probably/hopefully tell, I'm trying to use as much humor as I can on these "opportunities"... :D staying positive!

Back