Dawn & Platinum Seagrass:

akleaders

Reaction score
I take delivery of 2015 Benny in a week or so.

It is my understanding that I will use Dawn & H2o as cleaning solution.

1)  Do I just put a couple of drops in spray bottle & that is the solution?

2)  Do I use distilled water?

Thank you all.

Soooo excited.

Also........should I apply 303 fabric guard asap to cover & bimimi boot.  I am struggling with how to hang the cover (some said to not apply while on boat).  I am wondering if I should wait a few months before I do it....since new cover is treated????

Steve

303 also makes a cleaner .

http://www.amazon.com/303-Products-30556-Fabric-Cleaner/dp/B002Z8F2DU/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1429456462&sr=8-5&keywords=303

41ruRwt9urL.jpg

I brought my cover home and treated it right away .

You can treat the canvas right away if you want. It's treated from the factory but another treatment never hurts anything. I did not treat my new stuff - will treat in July when the boat is a year old...and every year thereafter.

And as far as cleaning seagrass - all I ever use is a hose, a leaf blower and a shop vac. The product is essentially a woven poly plastic. It really has no capacity to stain as far as I can tell. The worst spill I experienced was a bloody mary. I have the freshwater tank, sink and washdown hose options. When the spill happened, after I had run through my list of expletives in rarely heard unique and offputting combinations, my son grabbed the hose, sprayed it down...everything ran through under the fencing at the rear of the boat, he turned off the hose and looked at me like..."seriously dad?" And that was that. No evidence of a spilled bloody mary can be seen. I've had a dog have a pooping emergency on the boat...just hosed it off...done and done. Cheese and cracker stepped on and really worked in to the weave - hosed it off - done and done. 

To get sand off the floor - leaf blower. To get grit out - hose. To get mud out - hose. To get seaweed out - shop vac. No dawn needed. 

The only thing that would concern me on the flooring, is cleaning solutions. Some combination of those, on some level, I think will remove the color and create a spot that can't be undone. So I use no chemicals on the flooring at all. Not even soap.

Oh...and oil products - those concern me too. I keep my spare quart of oil, my bottle of Ring Free Plus and my can of WD40 in a bucket in the in-floor storage so if they spill, they are first in a bucket, and second, inside the pontoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the platinum seagrass and it is very easy to clean.  I usually don't need anything but a garden hose.   :D

x3 on very easy to clean. Soap would be pointless. I usually just sweep and/or vacuum it. Sometimes I hose it out. And I get a LOT of dirt in my boat. 

Back