Dealer called...it's in!

ct0218

Reaction score
My Bennington is in, still shrink wrapped, but it is sitting on the trailer, with the Yamaha hanging off the transom. With all this snow, it may be a while before I get it home. Unfortunately, I'm  headed out of town for a week whenever I can move enough snow to get down the mountain. In my gallery are some photos of today's snowfall---and it is still coming down!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! Can't wait to see pics!

Sweet, can't wait for the pics !!! Kinda like Christmas in January !!!

Congrats on the new arrival!

BTW - There's supposed to be snow in January!

Best of luck with the new benny.Man it looks like a great setup,come on spring

Sounds like a great boat enjoy. Going to order a 2250 GSR in a few weeks.

Don't mean to correct you CT0218 but in New York that is a called a dusting :p

Congrats on the new boat!

very nice electronics to compliment a perfect boat !!

Link said:  Don't mean to correct you CT0218 but in New York that is called a dusting :p

Not much snow this time, but we do get 2-3 ft occasionally. That said, my drive has a 10% -15% slope for 1000 ft, so any amount of snow is bit of a problem if you have to go down the mountain. Fortunately, it usually warms enough that it doesn't stick around forever like there.  This snowfall was the perfect amount...enough to give a good covering, yet so little that it will be gone by the weekend!

Glad it'll be gone so we can leave NJ and come home. Our newest grandson was born Sunday am so that's why we're in NJ.

Grandchildren are great! We have four, headed to Tallahassee tomorrow to visit with ours for a long weekend. Enjoy your time with them...they grow up fast.

The full camping enclosure sounds like a definite upgrade that will get a lot of use.  Enjoy it!  Is this your 1st Bennington??

First Bennington and first pontoon. Pontoons have really evolved a lot over the last 15-20 years. I think that almost every pontoon that I've ever noticed were nothing more than a barge with a small motor. Until recently. Then I noticed one a year or so ago that would have outrun my bass boat, and that made an impression on me. This past summer I was on my favorite lake, which is an hours drive away from my home, and I was tired but wanting to stay a while longer. I got up at 4:30 so that I could be there at the crack of dawn, and staying late just wasn't an option. My wife said "it would be nice if we didn't have to get up so early, and we could stay on or near the lake". I saw two options--- I could drag our fifth wheel to a campground a few miles from the lake, or we could look for a flat area and tent camp on the lake. Both had some serious drawbacks.

The very next trip, as I rounded a point to my favorite stretch of shoreline, there was a pontoon boat anchored in the cove--with a full canvas enclosure. There was a bass boat tied alongside, and shortly he was off to his fishing spot nearby. A few hours later, as I was smelling the odor of bacon cooking coming from the pontoon, the fisherman returned. To shorten the story somewhat, a little later we approached and struck up a conversation with the couple, and he showed us his set up. He had a Harris, 2 years old, and set up a sleeping area in the front, and a shower on the starboard transom, and a cooking area on the port transom. They also lived an hour or so away, and spend 2-4 days there on the lake every other week.

I was hooked at this point. I started my research, lurked on 5 or 6 forums for a couple months, then decided on a Bennington in November. I plan on doing about the same thing as the Harris couple, customizing my Bennington to make a comfortable live-aboard base for several days at a time. Our lake, Fontana, is 21 miles long and is surrounded by a National Forest on one side and the Great Smoky Mountain National Park on the other. Over 95+% Federal land, less than 5% private, and during the week you may not see a dozen boats all day. Fly fishing for trout on the numerous streams entering the lake, or fly fishing or casting for bluegill, and large- and smallmouth bass on the lake. Great fishing, little traffic, and beautiful mountain scenery...you just can't get any better than that. We see bald eagles, bobcats, coyotes, turkeys, deer and black bear on a regular basis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like heaven! Looking forward to hearing about all the great times you'll have on the new boat.

Now that's my dream toon !!!! SSS right on the boat ......

Hey Clark and Gail,

Sounds like a great boat and the electronics will make it even better!!

Post pics when you get to see it.

Hey Carl and Suzi,

Congrats on the new grandchild!!

Marc

Back