Dear Camry: That wasn't a nice thing to do; we are through!

goldnrod24

Reaction score
I spun my '03 Camry up to 218k miles with a goal of 300k.

Last Thursday, it decided its starter had no more starts to give. Was I in my driveway? Nope. Was I in front of a repair facility? Nope. I was in a strange town about 40 miles away after the shops (but fortunately, not Enterprise) closed for the day. One ride on a flatbed, a $485 bill and 4 days later, the ungrateful mechanical wench is back in my possession..... but not for long.

I am unforgiving when it come to unreliability..... even once! By Saturday noon, I had inked a contract to purchase a '15 Corolla with 15k miles. CARFAX promised me it had been driven by a little old lady retired school teacher who only drove it to church on Sunday!

Take that, Camry! [kicks it to the curb]

For you grammarians out there, please note the proper use of a colon AND a semi-colon in the same topic description.

LOL, I crack myself up! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah they sure know when to act up! Enjoy the new ride and post some pics.

Never enjoyed car shopping

Only advantage is you get to test ride them   :)  

Sounds like you found yourself a winner 

Good Luck 

134619782.jpg

Bk6ZCkRbBhnC99uqCy1grQFjeFXPer6GUkdrMGxHHoTg8-tVKc2LzN2jCSPcy2FZLRr_YicT=w1600-h900-rw-no

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have that problem with vehicles. I usually trade by the first oil change ....  :lol:

I'm not a big Toyota fan, but I swear, those things will run forever .... well almost forever.  ;)

I had a high school economics teacher that told us............either trade in your vehicłe every year or keep it til it dies. That always stuck with me. My son has a 2011 Camry that he just paid off. Over 100000 miles and NOTHING has ever happened to it. Other than preventive maintenance, oil changes, tires, transmission and coolant flush, and brakes he hasn't had any problems with it. He's happy to get rid of that car payment!

We think like you BK, Kathy's 2012 Outback was bought 100%finaced as Subaru was offering 0.9% interest.  March of next year the $500/month payment is done.  Her last two cars prior to the Subaru she kept each of them 10 years. 

However some times I wonder if this is the way to do it when I see the low monthly rates on a 3 year lease that are half of what we pay.  When I see them I think if we did that the money would end up the same but she would have a new car every three years.  We don't have to worry about the mileage as she drives only about 6,000 miles yearly.  

If I'd have been smarter and kept vehicles till they died, I'd be living on Lake Norman with all the rich people .......  :lol:

Yeah they sure know when to act up! Enjoy the new ride and post some pics.

It was not the best of days to pick up a new (to me) car!

418ACBCF-175D-4CC2-8870-158757E2F5B8_zpspvtl3ga2.jpg

Nice looking ride, Randy. However, I don't recognize the location. Did you get it at Spartan? Don't remember getting that much snow, either.

We have a 2009 GMC Acadia with 100K+ that has only required the normal maintenance. A month ago, I get a call from my wife that she's a few blocks away and the car won't start. Turns out the battery died. No warning, nothing.

The good news is that we got eight years of dependable service, and it didn't leave anyone stranded in the middle of winter in the middle of nowhere. In the back of my mind, I was thinking that we've never replaced that battery so I should probably get it checked. It beat me to it...

Nice looking ride, Randy. However, I don't recognize the location. Did you get it at Spartan? Don't remember getting that much snow, either.

That's Cadillac. Conveniently between EL and Frankfort.

Back