Decisions..Decisions..

lakelivin

Reaction score
Hi All, I have a decision to make today, 2017 GSB or GCW?  Both have SPS, 150, optioned out pretty much the same.  The GSB is a bit more expensive but I think it has more useful seating for the occasional guests than the GCW.  The one potential downside I can see (other than the expense) is that the boat has glacier white interior vs the Sandstone on the other.  I saw a short thread about the Glacier White and keeping it mildew free and clean but wondering if there are any more recent thoughts about this and any thoughts in general on the floorplans.  I suspect I am about to become a Benny owner just really having a hard time deciding from practical perspectives.  Comments will be much appreciated.

It depends on how often you are having guests and how many .

We have an RCW ,with an off white interior  . No issues with the interior or the floor plan .

You did not mention the length of GSB or GCW .

Thank you Jack, both are 22's. We live on a lake that has a lot of dreaded RED clay mud so just hoping that the Glacier White doesn't become stained. I will be diligent about keeping it clean and using towels etc. on the seats but we will have grandkids on the boat from time to time. Thanks again for your feedback. 

Welcome to the family (soon) and they will both clean up easily. What flooring do they have?

The floor plan is personal preference, just remember on the swing back you can't ride behind the seat back without the fence in a lot of states. We have a SSLX and that rear seat is a hot commodity. As for white to the sandstone they'll both stain the same!! Our current boat has sandstone interior and we love it but our last boat was white and when I hit the boat builder the wife has had me hitting the white with carbon accent! Welcome to the forum and it sounds like soon to be a club member. Good luck in your decision, either way you're buying and awesome boat!!

Yes, difficult decision but one you'll have to make. I would go back and sit on each on them for a while. Check out each seat and think about how you'll use the boat. Liking your layout is most important in my book but liking the color scheme that goes with that layout would also be nice. Good luck and welcome. Pictures when you can!

Not like having to choose to pull that tooth or have a root canal............This is a fun decision to make! Can't go wrong with either floor plan! 

We visited Norris Lake Tn. last year for a week, lots of dark clay there too.  Took a while to get er cleaned up.  If it was me, I would consider the clay, and go not white.  If you are there full time, and grandkids.  My biggest culprit was the dang dog.  anyway it will be a blast.   

From our experience in dealing with a boat purchase......we were looking at 3 different brands - floor plans - HP - colors.  You have it a bit easier as you are looking at only one brand (a fine pick if you ask me) but 2 different models.  As mentioned earlier take the wife and just go and sit on the boat and really look around at what you like and things you don't care for.  Once you get past the ooohs and aaaaahs of the new boat smell the decision gets a little easier.  We actually had a deposit put down on a sylvan before we decided we liked the bennington better (had a better floor plan that worked for us and extended decks).  Glad we took the extra time to just sit back and look things over before the final sign on the bottom line happened.

We have ivory interior and the only thing that has caused a problem on our boat is the crappy ingredient in sunscreen that turns everything orange.  The wife's seat has a small spot by the headrest that has discolored just a bit if you really look for it but other than that the interior looks as good as new after 3 seasons and over 350 engine hours of use.  Granted the wife calls me a freak when it comes to cleaning the boat after a weekend out with family and friends. Seats get wiped down (even after the use of towels on the seats) because of the potential sunscreen issues.  Can't use enough 303 protectant on the seat either.....at least once a month.   For the flooring in the 2 boats you are considering I can say the seagrass is an easy cleanup after a weekend out.  Grab a soft brush and the garden hose and you are all set.

Good luck on your decision......either way you will have a great boat.

We have an RCW and love the look of the new swingbacks but since we generally have multiple groups of guests, the center walkout splits the rear seating to separate sides (instead of a single, wider seat). However, we don't really have the big, wide seat that would be more of a sunpad like the swingback.

In the end, the split rear loungers are still super comfy so unless we started having fewer guests, I think our CW is best for us.

And as stated, if you go SB, I highly recommend the rail.

We have ivory interior and the only thing that has caused a problem on our boat is the crappy ingredient in sunscreen that turns everything orange.  

This is a good point, I was worried about the mud and not thinking about the crappy sunscreen.  Thank you for bringing that up.  Also, the rails is a great option to have too.. 

Either selection you make you are going to enjoy your new Benny.

You may have already made the decision now, but when my wife saw the swingback, she fell in love with it. End of discussion. That is her seat ALL of the time (we have the rails). I'm sure the CW is a great boat, but the swingback kind of gives you both, CW up front, sunpad in the rear. Come to think of it, like a mullet, business in the front, party in the rear.

I'm partial to the GCW ;) . We have the Stern Lounge Upgrade on ours, so we have the padded rear rails and can sit facing forward comfortably. I really think you won't regret either one though. Personally, I love the look of Glacier White, but was fearful of trying to maintain it. 

Come to think of it, like a mullet, business in the front, party in the rear.

Dude compared a Benni to a mullet, that should be cause for removal from the forum. Put him in a Tracker.   :p   

Last edited by a moderator:
That 2-person rear-facing love seat only the 24 SSL is the absolute best.  Think of it as the "100 Positions For Having Fun" guide book. Rear-facing lounger is where everybody wants to sit.  Also provides the smoothest ride in rough water.

I have the dual real lounger....maybe once the kid leaves the house I can try the other 99 positions. Currently it only gets used for seating.

Back