Disturbing news

Jenks

Reaction score
Just went to my dealer to check on my 2017 Slxp that was delivered on Feb 22 it was ordered in Oct. During my conversation with my sales rep he states we are no longer a Bennington dealer. They will only allot them a low number of boats due to maximum build times. My concern is about my Bennington warrranty being honored there as there is no other dealer within about 60 miles. I was directed to the warranty manager who said everything will be honored, but I am asking them to put it in writing . I know dealerships continually change boats they sell and wonder if anyone else has encountered this. 

The good news is you are getting your new pontoon and I love that color combination you picked. Never ran into this problem but it seems it would be in your dealer's best interest to take care of you. From what I understand from my dealer,  Bennington is very fair with the dealers that perform warranty work but that is my only data point. Hope this works out for you. Enjoy that new boat!

Bennington will back their product. I've tested the warranty and Bennington stands behind their product. I've been completely satisfied. (my boat had to be taken down to the cross members and rebuilt)

I encountered a very similar situation.  The selling dealer where I purchased my Bennington no longer sold Bennington products 6 mos after the  sale.  He said they would honor the warranty as long as I owned the boat.  Two years later I needed a gauge cluster replaced due to fogging and the bimini cover needed fixed at one of the seams.  No problem getting both issues resolved.   Hopefully you could count on the same type of support for any issues you may have.

My Orignal dealer no longer carys Bennington. (They claim that they Dropped Bennington)  and I have been directed to a "new dealer" . As to be expected I feel like the "new dealer" looks at older customers from the previous dealer as Red Headed Step Children.  I feel like your Orignal dealer that sold you the boat is the one that's gonna take care of you first. 

I have spoken with a couple of dealers about warranty work.  All have said that Bennington is very easy to deal with on warranty work and are more than fair in paying the dealers for the work involved

Back