Does 303 Protectant Stop Mold/MMildew?

Tooncrazy

Reaction score
Thread title is the question.

Thanks.

I think it helps but doesn't stop it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 303 Protectant is great, but it is a protectant not a cleaner. I use it about every month on the seats after they are completely cleaned, and it keeps them looking good. Keep things dry and ventilated to avoid the mildew.

Honestly guys....unless you have some tough stains you need to get cleaned off of your seats, I found the best thing to use is what Bennington recommends:  a bucket of warms water with a little dish soap.  I used it last year at the beginning of the season and I know it worked because my white seats were way brighter and the bucket of water got pretty darn dirty so I changed it out twice.  I scrubbed with a old hand towel.  I used a mildew cleaner on those small areas I had mildew and then went over that with the bucket of warm water/dish soap to make sure I got all of that off.  After it dried I sprayed the 303 protectant on it.

So many mildew threads lately. Have you all tried a couple of $5 buckets of damprid in the boat?

I use them in winter storage and they work great. Not sure if they'd just fill with water in a Tennessee summer and be futile...but maybe worth a try?

Or you could move to California, there's not enough water left in the state to even grow mold.

Everyone wants the Crystal Blue Clear Sky 365 Days a Year

Until 

The sky is black with the smoke of wild fires 

119344814.jpg

I have been quite happy thus far as KeithKZ said warm water and Dawn dish soap then 303

Last edited by a moderator:
Back