Dog ladder

Reaction score
Does anyone have a suggestion for a dog ladder for a large(70lb) dog? I have looked at several but nobody I know has ever used one. I think that a side load would be my first choice to keep it away from the rear ladder.

I have the Paws Aboard and it works very well. I did add another 3 step ladder to mount it on so that humans can get in the boat also. I have a spoiled rotten 105# German Shepard and she has no problem getting in or out. 

Paws Aboard seems to be The Ladder of Choice 

41yzoTvbRUL._SY355_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
KC24 - I think I also want to add an additional ladder for the dog. How did you add yours? Did you drill holes for cups to mount a ladder or bolt on somehow?

I added one that mounted from the underside no hand rails, Its been a couple years ago but I removed the wave shield to be able to bolt it on and replaced the shield as it was. I can take some pics tonight and post tomorrow. Mind is first to go you know!

Side/front ladder came up in a discussion a while back and most agreed it would most likely get damaged due to driving off while it was left in the down position.

At the least it has a chance on the rear when left in the down position.

Back