Double Bimini

Boschum

Reaction score
I have a 2012 2274GL. My wife would like to get a double Bimini cover. Any recommendations on that? Does anyone have experience with the Power Arm II or other electric double biminis?

2012 2274GL 

My father in law just got a 22SSRX with a double bimini.  Both sides are pretty painless to put up and down with 2 people.  Semi challenging part is zipping the two tops together.  The top needs to be tight, so it's best to do the zipping before the front (smaller) bimini is locked in.  We really like it, albeit it wasn't a cheap option from the factory

I just ordered a Bimini and the rails for my 2575.  33-hundred dollars.  I am curious what the front would cost, but am afraid to ask.

Search my name and pics. My dealer ordered the rails and canvas from Bennington and had a local upholstery shop do it. They also modified the cover to add the 4 additional cut outs with Velcro and string cinches 

I just ordered a Bimini and the rails for my 2575. 33-hundred dollars. I am curious what the front would cost, but am afraid to ask.

The guesstimate I received was about $2k, which include the frame, shipping and a local canvas shop modifying my existing Bimini with a zipper and the new cover for the front.

Due to the height of the Bimini, we need to take it all the way down to the trailering struts each time we go out since we keep the boat in a storage unit 1/2 mile from the ramp. So it seems a double Bimini would add to that hassle

We were also looking at a powered Bimini to avoid the hassle of doing that, but we are still in a holding pattern as a brand new shiny boat seems like a viable alternative! :D

Last edited:
I've got a non-electric double bimini and love it. Out here with our HOT summers it's a must. I've had my boat up to 50 with both biminis up no problem. I leave my biminis up all the time and routinely tow from the house to the lake (about 2 miles). I had an issue with the front bimini being too loose to which my local dealer was worthless. Going direct through Bennington resolved the issue.

I just ordered a 22SSRX and 2 dealers said to absolutely avoid the power Bimini. It seems that the power struts just don't hold up in any kind of a wind. One customer is on his 5th set of struts.

Just posted in other thread.Electric Bimini.
Installed duals and love them.

Tricky install but turned out great!

Back