Drilling vinyl floor to install trolling motor

Thanks. Sounds like the trolling motor doesn't extend past the quick release bracket on the boat side then. That's what I was curious on. I appreciate it.

Right. The side on the boat is flush with the quick release bracket.

There are some good and bad. The bad is it can be a pain to pull up and put in the store position. Take some getting used to. It also takes some time to get used to the foot pedal. I really don't like how it works.

The good is when it is in the running position it has a small footprint on the deck and is also removable when used with the quick release bracket. . You can also get either the co-pilot or i-pilot option depending on how much extra your willing to spend. Co-pilot is around 130$ and the ipilot runs in the $400 range.

Use this link for wire size and battery type

The site I listed earlier also has a quick connect plug option which I am going to use this time.

I have the same motor.  I like your mounting location.  Never thought of putting it there.  Only downside, I am at the helm and would not be able to see the top of the motor for direction control. It might be a challenge to lay the motor down but I had a suggestion to just pull the motor up and leave it vertical when you move.  Done it for 3 years now in Canada and it saves time/energy and never had a problem. I love the foot control better than the hand held remote but with either you have to have a line of site to the top of the motor which can be a challenge with a 6'4" SIL in the front fishing seats. 

I have the same motor.  I like your mounting location.  Never thought of putting it there.  Only downside, I am at the helm and would not be able to see the top of the motor for direction control. It might be a challenge to lay the motor down but I had a suggestion to just pull the motor up and leave it vertical when you move.  Done it for 3 years now in Canada and it saves time/energy and never had a problem. I love the foot control better than the hand held remote but with either you have to have a line of site to the top of the motor which can be a challenge with a 6'4" SIL in the front fishing seats. 

On my old boat I did the same thing in leaving it vertical when on the water. The main reason it is to one side is that the wife said and I repeat "That thing is not going in the middle of the deck, that is were I like to sit while you fish". Even though she wants it on the boat to explore the small creeks and rivers off the ohio , she don't want it were it actually should be,. LOL  :huh:  Like I said I had it in the same place on the old boat and it did a good job and moved the boat pretty good. I do agree it would be tough from the helm but I am usually standing and fishing any way so it won't be a big deal for me. 

Well I am going to give http://www.bestboatwire.com a thumbs up on processing and shipping. I order my custom wiring kit for my trolling motor yesterday and it is being shipped today. I will post about the quality once it is in my possession. So far though a positive experience. Keeping fingers crossed.

I was thinking of mounting my trolling motor similar to how this person did theirs.  I will need to offset mine so it can drop between the three toons though.  Will post photo when all installed after receiving the new pontoon.  Will have to use a quick release bracket and coordinate the bracket so it won't effect the front of the bunk trailer.  Hoping it works.

Trolling Motor Mount.jpg

I had seen something similar but for me I have to load mine on a trailer at the end of the day which would mean I have to take it off each time. 

Back