Drive on/Float on?!?

BigKahuna

Reaction score
After reading JimmyC's and USKDBP's posts about trailer guides or assists it got me thinking.........

For those of you that trailer your Benny's............When retrieving your boats after a great day on the water..............Do you drive it on the trailer ?!? Or just float it on?!?

IF...your ramp allows powerloading, then yes.  Not all ramps do, so that's where the float-on with winch comes in to play.

I prefer to float on and winch up because I'm that bad putting in on the trailer otherwise! I was half way to a pro with my runabout. This 12" margin of of error for 3 tunes is going to kill me! My problem is 2 of the 3 places we frequent I can't float it on, I have to drive it on due to the ramp configuration. I've been reading the trailer guide post quite closely trying to figure something out for myself! To be quite honest it frustrates me enough to think about a new glass boat again!!

I drive on so the front toons go up the bunks a little and hold it in place. This can be done without power loading. Once the toons come in contact with the bunks I kill the motor. This is done at idle anyway. 

Always float!

Always drive on.  I have trailer guides to keep boat aligned while loading -- best $150 ever spent and saved years on my life.

Back